Race at Talladega Superspeedway! Half-Marathon Scheduled For April 11
Talladega Superspeedway announced today the Inaugural Talladega 21000 Half-Marathon, benefiting Prostate Cancer Research, Education and Patient Support Programs at the UAB Division of Urology, will be held April 11 at the track. The race will start and finish on the famed 2.66 mile tri-oval and follow a 13 mile course over, around and through the 3,000 acres of track property. A post-race party will be held in the NASCAR Sprint Cup garage area and the awards ceremony will be held in Gatorade Victory Lane.
There are several entry packages available, including a combo with tickets to the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Talladega on April 26th. Details on marathon packages are below:
· Half-Marathon Entry + two Aaron's 499 Race Tickets: $130.00
Includes your registration fee for the half-marathon plus two $40 race tickets to the Aaron's 499 at Talladega Superspeedway on April 26th. Talladega Superspeedway will send you two race tickets and make a $10 donation back to the UAB Division of Urology for Prostate Cancer Research and Education
· Talladega Half-Marathon Entry: $50.00
General Registration for the half-marathon
· Prostate Cancer Walk on the Track: $25.00
General Registration for the 1.25 mile walk (2,100 meters) on the track.
· No show but I still want a shirt!: $25.00
Can't make it out to the track but still want to make a donation and get a race shirt? Then this category is for you!
To enter the marathon and for more information, please visit href="http://www.talladegahalf.com/">www.talladegahalf.com or contact the Homewood Trak Shak at (205) 870-JOGG.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience part of Talladega’s history in 2009 during the triple-header, Aaron’s Dream Weekend, April 24-26, featuring the ARCA RE/MAX Series, the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. For tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Logano Wins Hellmann’s 500 at Talladega Superspeedway, Advances to Round of 8
- Alabama Native Grant Enfinger Earns First Career NASCAR Win in fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes on the Line in fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Hellmann’s 500
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola