Talladega Superspeedway Honored With Community Service Award
Talladega Superspeedway received the Community Service Award from the Greater Talladega Area Chamber of Commerce today during the Chamber’s annual banquet and awards ceremony. The Community Service Award recognizes businesses for their contributions to the community and betterment of the Talladega area.
“We are very honored to be recognized by the Greater Talladega Area Chamber of Commerce with the Community Service Award,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “Awards like this carry a special meaning because they are voted on by your peers and fellow business leaders. We look forward to carrying on our tradition of community involvement in 2009 and beyond.”
This is the second year in a row the superspeedway has been honored during the banquet. In 2008, Talladega Superspeedway was presented with the Large Business of the Year award.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to experience part of Talladega’s history in 2009 during the triple-header, Aaron’s Dream Weekend, April 24-26, featuring the ARCA RE/MAX Series, the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. For tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- The Chase Is On! Superhero Logano Visits Alabama As Part Of NASCAR’s “Chase Across North America;” Readies For Talladega
- Join Us For The Chase Across North America Kickoff!
- NEW, EXCITING QUALIFYING FORMAT INSTITUTED FOR TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY’S GEICO 500 AND FRED’S 250 POWERED BY COCA-COLA
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women's History Museum
- Thomas Rhett to Perform Saturday Night Infield Concert at Talladega Superspeedway during GEICO 500 Weekend