Fishing Trips With Ryan Newman and Boo Weekley Added To Auction
New gifts and prize packages are rolling in for the fourth annual Alabama Army National Guard/Alabama Wildlife Federation (AWF) Wild Game Cook-off at Talladega Superspeedway. Two of the top items up for bid are fishing trips with a pair of avid outdoorsmen, PGA Golfer Boo Weekley and driver of the No. 39 US Army Car in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, Ryan Newman. Also recently added to the auction list are ticket packages to Darlington Raceway, Martinsville Speedway, Richmond International Raceway and Daytona International Speedway.
The cook-off is set for Saturday, February 7, 2009. The annual event featuring fast cars, good food and fun times will be held in the track’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series garage with gates opening at 2:45 p.m.
Recently announced guest judges for the event include: Rick Humphrey - Talladega Superspeedway President, Mike Bolton - Outdoors Columnist for The Birmingham News, Dell and Carolyn Hill - Owners of Selwood Farms, Brian York – Mayor of Talladega, Rufus T. Raspberry - co-host of “The Jim & Rufus T Morning Crew” on WTDR 92.7 and Tim Gothard -Alabama Wildlife Federation Executive Director.
Rides around the historic 2.66-mile tri-oval in Dodge Charger pace cars will be from 3 to 4:30 p.m. and are sold for $50 each to the first 150 cook-off ticket holders who purchase them in advance. Each ride also qualifies the purchaser for a drawing for one 6-lap Superspeedway teaser with the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure.
Tickets to attend the Alabama Army National Guard/AWF Wild Game Cook-Off are $40 per person, or $50 per couple when purchased prior to the event. To purchase tickets, pre-order rides around the track or participate as a cook team call Alabama Wildlife Federation at 1-800-822-9453 or visit their website at www.alabamawildlife.org.
All proceeds from the event will benefit AWF, the oldest and largest non-profit conservation organization in Alabama. The AWF was established by sportsmen in 1935 to promote the conservation and wise use of our wildlife and natural resources and to ensure a high quality of life for future generations of Alabamians. The organization holds wild game cook-offs throughout the state, however this statewide event is its largest fundraiser each year.
Keep up to date with the latest information on the Wild Game Cook-off, door prizes and silent auction items by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
Tickets to the April 24 -26, 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway are available by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Multi-Platinum Selling Artist Eric Church, Whose No. 1 Hit “Talladega” is Nominated for CMA Single of the Year, Set to be Honorary Pace Car Driver for Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 on Sunday, Oct. 25
- NASCAR Drivers Timothy Peters, Daniel Hemric in Birmingham Area to Talk about upcoming fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 24
- New Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway To Enhance Fan Retail Experience, Oct. 23-25
- E!’S “THE SOUP” Goes LIVE From Talladega Superspeedway For Special, Hour-Long Episode On Friday, Oct. 23 AT 10:00 PM ET/PT
- Surprises Are Plenty as Talladega Superspeedway Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Visits College Football Hall of Fame