NASCAR's Most Competitive Track Serves Up the Best Tailgating Experience
The votes have been tallied for the NASCAR.com Seventh Annual Fans Voice Awards and the fans’ voices have been heard loud and clear. They have declared tailgating at Talladega Superspeedway the class of the field. Talladega garnered 60 percent of the 67,856 votes, topping Bristol Motor Speedway and Darlington Raceway.
“This is a very special award to us because it is voted on by the NASCAR community,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “We work extremely hard to provide our guests with an exciting and fun atmosphere and awards like this show us that the hard work is paying off. We are already preparing to welcome back all of our fans and tailgaters in 2009 for the April 24-26 triple-header Aaron’s Dream Weekend.”
Even Tony Stewart is a fan of tailgating at Talladega Superspeedway. “Talladega, whether you’re in the infield of the race track or outside in the campgrounds, it’s the place to be on that weekend,” said Stewart during NASCAR’s Satellite Media Tour earlier this year.
In 2009, Talladega Superspeedway proudly celebrates forty years of the most competitive racing in NASCAR. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Race fans should make plans now to attend Talladega’s fan favorite tailgating experience in 2009 during the triple-header, Aaron’s Dream Weekend, April 24-26, featuring the ARCA RE/MAX Series, the NASCAR Nationwide Series and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. For tickets, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Infield Party-The Big One On The Blvd-on Friday, Oct. 17, Back with New Twists
- Greg Biffle Visits Maxwell Air Force Base; Participates in Training Exercises & Educates Airmen on Talladega’s Special Military Offers
- Three Challengers in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle and Aric Almirola – Set for Talladega Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Senior Airman Donald L. Googe, Jr., to Award Prestigious Freedom Trophy to Talladega’s Sprint Cup Winner during GEICO 500 Weekend
- The “Wow Factor” of the X Games Coming to Talladega Superspeedway with ASA Action Sports World Tour, Oct. 18-19