Buy A Ticket To Talladega Friday, Dec. 12 and Help A Needy Child
In the spirit of the holiday season, Talladega Superspeedway is offering a chance to both help out local area children in need and give the gift of racing for that special someone in your life. This Friday, December 12th from 7 a.m. till 7 p.m., 10% of each ticket purchased from www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or 1-877-Go2-DEGA will go to the Bake A Christmas charity auction and fundraiser for area children in need.
“This is a great opportunity for our race fans to not only get their race tickets in time for the holidays, but to also directly impact the lives of less fortunate children in the area,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “Bake A Christmas helps fulfill the Christmas wishes of children that would otherwise not receive any gifts at all. If race fans have been waiting to purchase their tickets this year, I would say this Friday is the time to buy because you’ll be helping make Christmas come true for some really special kids.”
Items for the radio auction on WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM have also been pouring from NASCAR teams and drivers in recent days.
New items donated in recent days include:
· An autographed door panel from Alabama native Rick Crawford’s No. 14 Circle Bar race truck
· A 1:24 scale diecast of Crawford’s No. 14 Circle Bar truck
· Two autographed photos of Kenny Wallace
· An autographed Kenny Wallace t-shirt
· An autographed Kasey Kahne statistic card
· An autographed Jamie McMurray Crown Royal 3’x5’ flag
· An autographed Carl Edwards No. 60 NASCAR Nationwide Series hat
· An autographed No. 18 Dodge Ram picture/information card
· An autographed Kevin Harvick No.21 Reese’s diecast car
· Two Toyota jackets donated by Tony Stewart
· Tony Stewart 1:24 scale diecast cars
· A 1:24 scale Jeff Gordon’s No. 24 Chevrolet diecast
· A Dodge Open Joist race cap
· A No. 4 Dodge Ram picture/information card
Other items up for auction include race tickets, pit and garage passes, race hats, commemorative prints and posters, racing apparel and race souvenirs, various items and services donated by local businesses and unique donations of racing memorabilia and baked goods from WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM listeners.
Throughout the day, members of the Thunder 92.7 FM and Talladega Superspeedway staff take over the airwaves to auction the unique racing memorabilia and experiences paired with delicious baked goods donated by individuals and businesses in the community. All funds raised will be used to fulfill Christmas wishes of less fortunate children in the community who otherwise might not receive any gifts at all. The auction begins at 7 a.m. and ends at approximately 7 p.m.
When a listener places a bid and wins an item, they are invited to pick up their auction item and baked goods at the station’s Oxford, Ala. office. Those who wish to participate in Bake A Christmas but do not live in the immediate listening area may tune into the station’s broadcast all day via live streaming audio available at www.wtdrthunder.com. Bids can be made toll-free nationwide by calling 1-800-709-9270.
2008 marks the 12th year of this annual event that has grown steadily since its inception. Last year’s Bake A Christmas raised a record $16,000.
For a full list of auction items and the latest news on Bake A Christmas 2008, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or www.wtdrthunder.com.
Tickets to the April 24 -26, 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway are available by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- The Chase Is On! Superhero Logano Visits Alabama As Part Of NASCAR’s “Chase Across North America;” Readies For Talladega
- Join Us For The Chase Across North America Kickoff!
- NEW, EXCITING QUALIFYING FORMAT INSTITUTED FOR TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY’S GEICO 500 AND FRED’S 250 POWERED BY COCA-COLA
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women's History Museum
- Thomas Rhett to Perform Saturday Night Infield Concert at Talladega Superspeedway during GEICO 500 Weekend