Bake A Christmas 2008 Raises A Record $16,500 For Area Children
Talladega Superspeedway officials joined the staff of WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM to raise a record $16,500 during the twelfth annual Bake A Christmas fundraiser Friday, Dec. 12. The money raised will be used to provide Christmas gifts to less fortunate children throughout the track’s surrounding region.
Members of the Talladega Superspeedway and Thunder 92.7 staff encouraged listeners and race fans to bid on one-of-a-kind race packages on-air, while donations of baked goods, racing memorabilia and other items such as gift certificates from local merchants, flowed in throughout the day.
“We are very gracious for all the fan and listener support we received this year,” said Talladega Superspeedway Senior Director of Communications and Consumer Marketing Kristi King. “To have raised this much money, especially considering the times we are in, speaks volumes to the generosity and kindness of everyone who participated. Thanks again to everyone who tuned in and helped out.”
This year’s top selling items were flag stand panels used at Talladega during the final DieHard 500 and Winston 500 races. Those items combined with ticket packages to the 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend fetched over $1,500.
Tickets to the April 24 -26, 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway are available by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola