Bake A Christmas 2008 Raises A Record $16,500 For Area Children
Talladega Superspeedway officials joined the staff of WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM to raise a record $16,500 during the twelfth annual Bake A Christmas fundraiser Friday, Dec. 12. The money raised will be used to provide Christmas gifts to less fortunate children throughout the track’s surrounding region.
Members of the Talladega Superspeedway and Thunder 92.7 staff encouraged listeners and race fans to bid on one-of-a-kind race packages on-air, while donations of baked goods, racing memorabilia and other items such as gift certificates from local merchants, flowed in throughout the day.
“We are very gracious for all the fan and listener support we received this year,” said Talladega Superspeedway Senior Director of Communications and Consumer Marketing Kristi King. “To have raised this much money, especially considering the times we are in, speaks volumes to the generosity and kindness of everyone who participated. Thanks again to everyone who tuned in and helped out.”
This year’s top selling items were flag stand panels used at Talladega during the final DieHard 500 and Winston 500 races. Those items combined with ticket packages to the 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend fetched over $1,500.
Tickets to the April 24 -26, 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway are available by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Laps for Life Blood Drive Set for Sept. 11 at Talladega Superspeedway, International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand at Talladega Superspeedway for Oct. 19 GEICO 500
- Talladega Superspeedway, Birmingham Business Alliance Host “Business of NASCAR” Event; Panelists Include Helton, Childress
- Fans Can Take Personal Car Around Talladega Superspeedway; Part of “Fan Track Drive” to Benefit the American Red Cross July 26
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Favorite Bill Elliott Among Five Legends Named to Prestigious 2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class