Bake A Christmas 2008 Raises A Record $16,500 For Area Children
Talladega Superspeedway officials joined the staff of WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM to raise a record $16,500 during the twelfth annual Bake A Christmas fundraiser Friday, Dec. 12. The money raised will be used to provide Christmas gifts to less fortunate children throughout the track’s surrounding region.
Members of the Talladega Superspeedway and Thunder 92.7 staff encouraged listeners and race fans to bid on one-of-a-kind race packages on-air, while donations of baked goods, racing memorabilia and other items such as gift certificates from local merchants, flowed in throughout the day.
“We are very gracious for all the fan and listener support we received this year,” said Talladega Superspeedway Senior Director of Communications and Consumer Marketing Kristi King. “To have raised this much money, especially considering the times we are in, speaks volumes to the generosity and kindness of everyone who participated. Thanks again to everyone who tuned in and helped out.”
This year’s top selling items were flag stand panels used at Talladega during the final DieHard 500 and Winston 500 races. Those items combined with ticket packages to the 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend fetched over $1,500.
Tickets to the April 24 -26, 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway are available by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7
- Samford University Student Sinks Half-Court Hoops Shot to Win $1,000 Tuition on Behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015