A Look Back In Talladega History: The 200 MPH Field
Buddy Baker became the first driver to break the 200 mph mark at Talladega Superspeedway during a test session in 1970. Twelve years later, Benny Parsons would become the first NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver to break 200 mph in qualifying prior to the 1982 Winston 500 (now Aaron’s 499). From that day forward speeds at Talladega would increase exponentially, as only four years later Talladega Superspeedway would be home to the first all-200 mph field in NASCAR history.
- Advanced Price Tickets To Aaron’s Dream Weekend On Sale Today; Savings Include $10 Off Regular Pricing Plus Kids Free Options
- "4 Wide" Notes: Daytona 500 Edition
- Save Big with Advanced Price, Kids Tickets to Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway—On Sale Monday, Feb. 24
- Larger High-Definition Video Boards, Kids Free Initiative Highlight Fan Enhancements at Talladega Superspeedway
- Trevor Bayne Headlines Trio Test at Talladega Superspeedway