Great Seats Available For Aaron's Dream Weekend
Talladega Superspeedway is reminding race fans that great seats are available for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, April 24-26, 2009. Enhanced by the addition of the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250, this now triple-header weekend will be the most action packed ever at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track with 1,062 miles of racing.
“I believe the new Aaron’s Dream Weekend is going to be a big hit,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “We are taking one of the most popular race weekends in NASCAR and enhancing it with an additional 250 miles of racing. We also have some special surprises in store for the fans, since this will be the 40th anniversary of our spring race. It’s going to be an exciting time at Talladega Superspeedway and you don’t want to miss it.”
The 2008 Aaron’s Dream Weekend was a dream for Joe Gibbs Racing, which saw both Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch record their first victories at Talladega Superspeedway. Stewart held off an attempted last-lap pass by Dale Earnhardt Jr. and then pulled away to win the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race on Saturday. Busch, who had been unable to finish four of his six career Sprint Cup starts at the track and failed to crack the top-10 in the other two,broke through in a big way in Sunday’s Aaron’s 499, making a pass with five laps to go and then holding off several challengers down the stretch. The Aaron’s 499 featured 52 lead changes among 20 drivers, a season high eclipsed only by the 64 lead changes among 28 drivers in the recent AMP Energy 500 at Talladega.
The 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend features the new ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 race after NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice and The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series on Friday, April 24. On Saturday, April 25, The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts the day, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Then on Sunday, April 26, the greatest drivers in the world face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, the 40th spring race at Talladega Superspeedway.
Race fans should make plans now to experience part of Talladega’s history in 2009 during the triple-header Aaron’s Dream Weekend. While the track has seen changes made to the cars that circle its high-banks, the surface that they race on and the grandstands that thousands of fans fill twice a year, one constant remains; Talladega Superspeedway is authentic NASCAR racing at its finest.
Tickets to the 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend are available by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- NASCAR Fanatic? Visit the New, Improved Fanatics Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway’s Fan Zone During the Double Elimination Race Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Unmatched Access? Talladega Superspeedway’s Unrestricted VIP Package Delivers for Alabama 500/fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22
- Defending Alabama 500 Champ Joey Logano, Michael Annett Join Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Carl Edwards & Brian Scott for Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 23
- ‘Chase University’ College Student Program Set for Talladega Superspeedway Sunday, Oct. 23