Talladega Superspeedway and WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM announced today that Bake A Christmas 2008, the annual radio auction and fundraiser for area children in need, is scheduled for Friday, December 12. All funds raised will be used to fulfill Christmas wishes of less fortunate children in the community who otherwise might not receive any gifts at all.
Throughout the day, members of the Thunder 92.7 FM and Talladega Superspeedway staff take over the airwaves to auction unique racing memorabilia and experiences paired with delicious baked goods donated by individuals and businesses in the community. The auction begins at
7 a.m. and ends at approximately 7 p.m.
When a listener places a bid and wins an item, they are invited to pick up their auction item and baked goods at the station’s Oxford, Ala. office. Those who wish to participate in Bake A Christmas but do not live in the immediate listening area may tune into the station’s broadcast all day via live streaming audio available at www.wtdrthunder.com. Bids can be made toll-free nationwide by calling 1-800-709-9270.
2008 marks the twelfth year of this annual event that has grown steadily since its inception. Last year’s Bake A Christmas raised a record $16,000.
Items up for auction this year include several levels of access to the 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway, set for April 24 – 26. Among these items are:
· Cold Garage/Pit Passes for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, April 24-26, 2009
· Tickets to the 2009 Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race
· Tickets to the 2009 Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race
· Tickets to the 2009 ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 race
Memorabilia donated by Talladega Superspeedway includes several autographed and unique items such as:
· Talladega Superspeedway hat autographed by 2007 & 2008 Mountain Dew 250 Fueled by Winn Dixie race winner Todd Bodine
· A framed Gary Hill print of the 2007 Aaron’s 499 at Talladega Superspeedway
· 2008 ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 checkered flag autographed by all drivers that competed in the race, including: Joey Logano, Scott Speed, Chrissy Wallace, Justin Allgaier and more
· 2008 Mountain Dew 250 Fueled by Winn Dixie NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series checkered flag autographed by all drivers that competed in the race, including: Rick Crawford, Joey Logano, Scott Speed, Kyle Busch, Mike Skinner, Johnny Benson and more
· 2008 Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series checkered flag autographed by all drivers that competed in the race, including: Tony Stewart, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch, Marcos Ambrose, Cale Gale and more
· 2008 AMP Energy 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series checkered flag autographed by all drivers that competed in the race, including: Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart, Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne, Carl Edwards and more
Additionally, many race teams have come on board in recent years to make direct merchandise donations to Bake A Christmas, such as Gillett Evernham Motorsports, Dale Earnhardt, Inc., Hendrick Motorsports, Penske Racing, Roush-Fenway Racing, Richard Childress Racing, Bill Davis Racing and others.
Other items up for auction include collectible diecasts, race hats, commemorative prints and posters, racing apparel and race souvenirs, various items and services donated by local businesses, and unique donations of racing memorabilia and baked goods from WTDR Thunder 92.7 FM listeners.
Tickets to the 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend are available by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.