Campers start your engines! Overnight parking is still available in several of Talladega Superspeedway’s reserved overnight parks, including the all-reserved infield!
“We do have overnight parking spaces available for guests wanting to spend the entire weekend at the track,” explained Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “This is a great opportunity for race fans from as close as Birmingham to cut down on back and forth travel expenses by camping out with friends and family at Talladega Superspeedway.“
Staying in an overnight park can be as simple as setting up a tent, or as elaborate as getting a group together and sharing an RV. All reserved overnight parks outside the track open at 8 a.m. the Tuesday of race week (Sept. 30) and must be cleared by 11 a.m. Monday following the race. Guests will be required to show their race tickets and parking pass prior to entry and a valid ticket must be shown each time for admission.
Reserved overnight parks with availability include:
- Yellow Reserved Infield Overnight Park – Located north of Talladega Boulevard in the infield, this overnight park has convenient access to the infield shower house and is for automobile and tent camping only. Price for a two-night stay is $250 and includes two infield admissions.
- Champions Corner – Located just outside Turn 1, this overnight has a strict no-alcohol policy for park residents and guests. Each space features water hookups, gravel parking pads and morning newspaper delivery to your doorstep. Price per spot $280.
For more information on the reserved overnight parks or tickets for the upcoming AMP Energy 500 weekend, guests should call the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office at 1-877-Go2-DEGA, (1-877-462-3342) or visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725).
RACE DAY INFORMATION
Terrific $60 two-day seats are still available for sale in the Allison Grandstands for the AMP 500 Weekend. It’s the best price in racing….you get two great events! Call 877-Go2-DEGA. On race days, ALL ticket booths around the facility including the Main Ticket Office at the International Motorsports Hall of Fame have tickets available for sale.
IMPORTANT WILL CALL INFORMATION
· On Thursday, Friday and Saturday and all days previous – Will Call tickets should be picked up at the Main Ticket Services Office located at the International Motorsports Hall Of Fame. Will Call Tickets on Thurs, Fri and Sat. are not brought out to the ticket booths at the track.
· On Sunday - Frontstretch Race Day tickets are only available for pick-up at Booth D (Entrance Plaza 3) Will Call located just outside the turnstile gates between the OV Hill North and Tri-Oval stands.
· On Sunday - Backstretch Race Day tickets are only available for pick-up at Booth I (Entrance Plaza 8) Will Call located behind the Allison Stands (south end) just outside the turnstile gates.
WHAT CAN I BRING PAST THE GATES?
Soft-sided coolers or insulated bags are allowed into the grandstands provided they fit the required size requirement:
- 6"X6"X12" or smaller. ONLY ONE (1) SOFT-SIDED COOLER OR INSULATED BAG ALLOWED PER TICKET HOLDER
Clear plastic bags are allowed into the grandstands provided they fit the required size requirement:
- 18"X18"X4" or smaller. ONLY ONE (1) CLEAR PLASTIC BAG ALLOWED.
Food & Beverages ARE allowed. Items such as binoculars, radio scanners, cameras and seat cushions are allowed in the grandstands. Talladega Superspeedway asks that fans utilize neck straps and belt clips to bring those items through the gates. All items brought through the gate areas are subject to inspection. Talladega Superspeedway is not responsible for any items left at the gates.
It’s important to leave your house early for Saturday and Sunday race days. Plan to arrive at the track around 8 a.m. so that you will have plenty of time to enjoy a tour of the International Motorsports Hall of Fame Museum, the Merchandise/Sponsor Display Midway, The SPEED Channel stage located outside Turn 4 and take the young ones to our Kids Zone located in the same area. In addition, there are plenty of concessionaires with several different types of food and beverage fare to choose from. For continuous track traffic updates, please dial in to Thunder 92.7 fm.