John Berry Performing During AMP Energy 500 Weekend
Talladega Superspeedway officials announced today that country music star John Berry will perform the national anthem prior to the Mountain Dew 250 Fueled by Winn Dixie on Oct. 4th and “God Bless America” prior the AMP Energy 500 on Oct. 5th.
“John Berry is another great addition to our pre-race lineup,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “John’s gospel background gives a powerful and soulful quality to his songs. I’m looking forward to hearing his rendition of the national anthem and ‘God Bless America’.”
Berry is no stranger to great songs, nor a novice in the recording studio. Born in South Carolina and raised in Georgia, he began playing guitar at age 13, performing shows at 14 and making records at age 19.
Between 1979 and 1990, he recorded and marketed six albums on his own labels. Those early discs and Berry’s strong regional popularity led to a deal with Capitol Records in 1992. After switching labels several time in the late 90’s and early 2000, Berry returned to making songs for his own label in 2002.
Berry’s recently released Now Those Were the Days album marks his return to mainstream country music
Tickets to the AMP Energy 500 are available by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7
- Samford University Student Sinks Half-Court Hoops Shot to Win $1,000 Tuition on Behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015