A Look Back In Talladega History: The Iron Man - Dave Marcis
To say that Dave Marcis left a legacy at Talladega Superspeedway would be an understatement. Marcis made 61 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series starts at Talladega from 1970 – 2001. That’s over three-decades worth of starts at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track. 25,998 miles were logged behind the wheels of thundering stock cars…roughly the same distance it would have taken Marcis to drive around the planet and the most of any competitor ever to have raced at Talladega.
- Bowyer, Blaney & Hall of Famer Wallace Join Talladega Superspeedway’s Pre-Race Q&A Session at GEICO 500 May, 3
- Jeff Gordon Could Add To His Talladega Superspeedway Legacy in GEICO 500 on Sunday, May 3
- Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola Captain Keith Hoskins to Award Freedom Trophy to Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500 Winner
- Top Touring Dee Jay Silver Back by Popular Demand for Talladega Superspeedway’s Big One on the Blvd and Saturday Night Concert
- Drivers, Fans Anticipate NASCAR’s Biggest Party at Talladega; “The Big One on the Blvd” Parade Ready to Roll Again on Friday, May 1