A Look Back In Talladega History: Open-wheel Drivers Take A Shot At Talladega
“Bobby Rahal and Rick Mears battle it out on the backstretch…” crackles the announcers voice over the loudspeakers, as thousands of fans rise to their feet. But this isn’t the scene of the closing laps at Indianapolis, it’s the 1986 IROC race at Talladega Superspeedway. Over the course of four decades, Talladega has hosted some of the finest drivers open-wheel racing has to offer and their response has all been the same. Talladega’s unlike any other racetrack.
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway