A Look Back In Talladega History: Open-wheel Drivers Take A Shot At Talladega
“Bobby Rahal and Rick Mears battle it out on the backstretch…” crackles the announcers voice over the loudspeakers, as thousands of fans rise to their feet. But this isn’t the scene of the closing laps at Indianapolis, it’s the 1986 IROC race at Talladega Superspeedway. Over the course of four decades, Talladega has hosted some of the finest drivers open-wheel racing has to offer and their response has all been the same. Talladega’s unlike any other racetrack.
- Laps for Life Blood Drive Set for Sept. 11 at Talladega Superspeedway, International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand at Talladega Superspeedway for Oct. 19 GEICO 500
- Talladega Superspeedway, Birmingham Business Alliance Host “Business of NASCAR” Event; Panelists Include Helton, Childress
- Fans Can Take Personal Car Around Talladega Superspeedway; Part of “Fan Track Drive” to Benefit the American Red Cross July 26
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Favorite Bill Elliott Among Five Legends Named to Prestigious 2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class