A Look Back In Talladega History: Open-wheel Drivers Take A Shot At Talladega
“Bobby Rahal and Rick Mears battle it out on the backstretch…” crackles the announcers voice over the loudspeakers, as thousands of fans rise to their feet. But this isn’t the scene of the closing laps at Indianapolis, it’s the 1986 IROC race at Talladega Superspeedway. Over the course of four decades, Talladega has hosted some of the finest drivers open-wheel racing has to offer and their response has all been the same. Talladega’s unlike any other racetrack.
- Host of CNBC’s Hit Reality Series, The Profit, Marcus Lemonis to Serve as CampingWorld.com 500 Grand Marshal/Honorary Starter on Oct. 25
- Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola Colonel Eric F. Buer to Award Traditional Freedom Trophy to Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 Winner
- STATEMENT FROM TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY CHAIRMAN GRANT LYNCH ON SAFETY INITIATIVES
- Multi-Platinum Selling Artist Eric Church, Whose No. 1 Hit “Talladega” is Nominated for CMA Single of the Year, Set to be Honorary Pace Car Driver for Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 on Sunday, Oct. 25
- NASCAR Drivers Timothy Peters, Daniel Hemric in Birmingham Area to Talk about upcoming fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 24