A Look Back In Talladega History: Open-wheel Drivers Take A Shot At Talladega
“Bobby Rahal and Rick Mears battle it out on the backstretch…” crackles the announcers voice over the loudspeakers, as thousands of fans rise to their feet. But this isn’t the scene of the closing laps at Indianapolis, it’s the 1986 IROC race at Talladega Superspeedway. Over the course of four decades, Talladega has hosted some of the finest drivers open-wheel racing has to offer and their response has all been the same. Talladega’s unlike any other racetrack.
- “2 for $88” Dale Earnhardt Jr. Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Package Ends Monday at Midnight
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Named Honorary Member of Famed Alabama Gang; Iconic No. 2 Championship Car of Dale Sr. Driven Around Talladega Superspeedway in Day of Historic Proportion
- NASCAR Fanatic? Visit the New, Improved Fanatics Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway’s Fan Zone During the Double Elimination Race Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Unmatched Access? Talladega Superspeedway’s Unrestricted VIP Package Delivers for Alabama 500/fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22