Dega's Wild - New Fall Date For 2009 Means New Intensity
The “wild card” in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup may get a little wilder in 2009. Talladega Superspeedway announced today that the AMP Energy 500, often referred to by competitors as the “wild card” in the Chase, is moving deeper into the season to become race number seven in the Chase for the Sprint Cup. The 2009 AMP Energy 500 is scheduled for Oct. 30 – Nov 1. The 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend will remain on its traditional April 24 – 26 weekend, but is getting a boost to its schedule with the addition of a Friday ARCA RE/MAX Series event.
“We are thrilled about the new look of our 2009 schedule,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “The AMP Energy 500 Weekend is now an even bigger factor in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup and the Aaron’s Dream Weekend has become a triple header with the addition of the ARCA RE/MAX Series race. There’s a new level of intensity surrounding our races and it’s going to be an exciting year at Talladega; you don’t want to miss it.”
The 2009 Aaron’s Dream Weekend will feature The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, followed by the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 race on Friday, April 24. On Saturday, April 25, fans will see The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, followed by the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. On Sunday, April 26, the greatest drivers in the world will face off in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race.
The 2009 AMP Energy 500 Weekend will feature NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice, followed by qualifying for the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series on Friday, Oct. 30. On Saturday, Oct. 31, the field for the AMP Energy 500 will be set during Food Land/ Food Giant Qualifying, followed by the stars of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series battling it out in the Mountain Dew 250 Fueled by Winn Dixie.
After the day’s racing is done, the night turns to fright when NASCAR’s largest speedway hosts the World’s Largest Halloween Party. Celebrating with the thousands of fans staying on track property is a ghoulish good way to wind down from the days activities. Then on Sunday, Nov. 1, dreams will be made and others broken, as 43 of NASCAR’s best compete in the AMP Energy 500, Race Number Seven in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup.
For more information on tickets to Talladega Superspeedway, please visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola