Crawford In Seventh While Trucks Take Weekend Off
The NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series is taking a break this weekend and it couldn’t come at a better time for Alabama native Rick Crawford. Crawford slipped from fourth to seventh in the point standings with a 23rd place finish at Nashville last weekend. With point leader Johnny Benson carrying a three-race win streak, Crawford needs for Benson’s hot hand (or shoe) to cool and for his own to heat up.
While Crawford and his team refocus their efforts this weekend, his title hopes hang in the balance. He now trails Benson by 251 points. The NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series returns to action on Wednesday, August 20th at Bristol. Last year Crawford finished fifth at the short track.
After Bristol, race fans have to wait only three more races till Rick Crawford returns home to Alabama for the Mountain Dew 250 Fueled by Winn Dixie. The homecoming could provide the extra boost the Mobile native needs. Last year, Crawford crossed the finish line second in a three-wide battle with Todd Bodine and Benson. He has vowed that if faced with the same position this year, he will seal the deal.
“I know what to do this year,” said Crawford. “After that race, I’ve re-run that last lap a thousand times. I do know what to different now after being in that situation. I’m going to Talladega to win.”
To see Rick Crawford and the rest of the stars of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Advanced Priced Tickets On Sale Friday for Talladega Superspeedway’s Pivotal Oct. 21-23 Weekend, Featuring Two NASCAR Chase Elimination Races
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200