Crawford In Seventh While Trucks Take Weekend Off
The NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series is taking a break this weekend and it couldn’t come at a better time for Alabama native Rick Crawford. Crawford slipped from fourth to seventh in the point standings with a 23rd place finish at Nashville last weekend. With point leader Johnny Benson carrying a three-race win streak, Crawford needs for Benson’s hot hand (or shoe) to cool and for his own to heat up.
While Crawford and his team refocus their efforts this weekend, his title hopes hang in the balance. He now trails Benson by 251 points. The NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series returns to action on Wednesday, August 20th at Bristol. Last year Crawford finished fifth at the short track.
After Bristol, race fans have to wait only three more races till Rick Crawford returns home to Alabama for the Mountain Dew 250 Fueled by Winn Dixie. The homecoming could provide the extra boost the Mobile native needs. Last year, Crawford crossed the finish line second in a three-wide battle with Todd Bodine and Benson. He has vowed that if faced with the same position this year, he will seal the deal.
“I know what to do this year,” said Crawford. “After that race, I’ve re-run that last lap a thousand times. I do know what to different now after being in that situation. I’m going to Talladega to win.”
To see Rick Crawford and the rest of the stars of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Talladega Superspeedway’s Infield Party-The Big One On The Blvd-on Friday, Oct. 17, Back with New Twists
- Greg Biffle Visits Maxwell Air Force Base; Participates in Training Exercises & Educates Airmen on Talladega’s Special Military Offers
- Three Challengers in Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup – Jimmie Johnson, Greg Biffle and Aric Almirola – Set for Talladega Pre-Race Question/Answer Session
- Senior Airman Donald L. Googe, Jr., to Award Prestigious Freedom Trophy to Talladega’s Sprint Cup Winner during GEICO 500 Weekend
- The “Wow Factor” of the X Games Coming to Talladega Superspeedway with ASA Action Sports World Tour, Oct. 18-19