Alabama Native Crawford Moving Up In Truck Standings
Alabama native Rick Crawford put his title hopes back on track with a fifth-place finish at Bristol, Wednesday night. The strong showing moved Crawford from seventh to sixth in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series point standings; 261 points behind series leader Johnny Benson.
Several other drivers in the top-10 were shuffled around this week as well. Todd Bodine climbed two spots to fourth, Mike Skinner slipped one spot to fifth and Erik Darnell fell two positions to seventh. Crawford, Benson and Bodine are the only three drivers that have maintained a top-10 ranking the entire season.
With only three races to go before Talladega, the Mobile, Ala. native is anxiously awaiting the Mountain Dew 250 Fueled by Winn-Dixie.
“It’s going to be a close, tight race,” said Crawford. “Being able to participate at a race track of that size and that magnitude with that much history is really special for me. Knowing that Talladega Superspeedway is in your home state and knowing the excitement that it brings to the fans and the excitement that it brings to the drivers, it makes you proud to be from Alabama.”
Up next for the veteran driver is Gateway International Raceway, where last year he finished 11th.
To see Rick Crawford and the rest of the stars of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or call 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- STATEMENT FROM TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY CHAIRMAN GRANT LYNCH ON SAFETY INITIATIVES
- Multi-Platinum Selling Artist Eric Church, Whose No. 1 Hit “Talladega” is Nominated for CMA Single of the Year, Set to be Honorary Pace Car Driver for Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 on Sunday, Oct. 25
- NASCAR Drivers Timothy Peters, Daniel Hemric in Birmingham Area to Talk about upcoming fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 24
- New Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway To Enhance Fan Retail Experience, Oct. 23-25
- E!’S “THE SOUP” Goes LIVE From Talladega Superspeedway For Special, Hour-Long Episode On Friday, Oct. 23 AT 10:00 PM ET/PT