Taking A Look Back At 40
When the checkered flags falls on the October 5th AMP Energy 500, fans will have witnessed a significant milestone in the track’s history…Talladega’s 40th fall race. In anticipation of the 40th anniversary of racing at Talladega, the track is taking a look back each week, for 40 weeks, at significant moments in its rich history. Race fans can follow along at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com, as a new story will be loaded onto the site each week.
“Talladega Superspeedway has passed the test of time by providing fans the most competitive racing in NASCAR and a fan friendly experience they won’t find anywhere else,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “We are proud of our history and are excited about sharing these experiences with the fans during this 40th anniversary season.”
Talladega Superspeedway will begin its 40th anniversary campaign next week (July 21). New stories will be released to the media and appear on the website for the next 40 weeks, leading up to the 40th running of the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on April 26, 2009.
Talladega Superspeedway is busy preparing for the AMP Energy 500 event weekend, featuring 1,000 miles of racing at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track with the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, Oct. 3, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Mountain Dew 250 on Saturday, Oct. 4 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AMP Energy 500, race number four in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, on Sunday, Oct. 5. Tickets are available at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22
- Defending Alabama 500 Champ Joey Logano, Michael Annett Join Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Carl Edwards & Brian Scott for Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 23
- ‘Chase University’ College Student Program Set for Talladega Superspeedway Sunday, Oct. 23
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase Field Set; Anticipation is High for Talladega Superspeedway's fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Oct. 22
- Last Chance! $10 Savings for Talladega Superspeedway's Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23, Ends Sept. 23