Taking A Look Back At 40
When the checkered flags falls on the October 5th AMP Energy 500, fans will have witnessed a significant milestone in the track’s history…Talladega’s 40th fall race. In anticipation of the 40th anniversary of racing at Talladega, the track is taking a look back each week, for 40 weeks, at significant moments in its rich history. Race fans can follow along at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com, as a new story will be loaded onto the site each week.
“Talladega Superspeedway has passed the test of time by providing fans the most competitive racing in NASCAR and a fan friendly experience they won’t find anywhere else,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “We are proud of our history and are excited about sharing these experiences with the fans during this 40th anniversary season.”
Talladega Superspeedway will begin its 40th anniversary campaign next week (July 21). New stories will be released to the media and appear on the website for the next 40 weeks, leading up to the 40th running of the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on April 26, 2009.
Talladega Superspeedway is busy preparing for the AMP Energy 500 event weekend, featuring 1,000 miles of racing at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track with the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, Oct. 3, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Mountain Dew 250 on Saturday, Oct. 4 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AMP Energy 500, race number four in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, on Sunday, Oct. 5. Tickets are available at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Naval Air Station (NAS) Pensacola Colonel Eric F. Buer to Award Traditional Freedom Trophy to Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 Winner
- STATEMENT FROM TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY CHAIRMAN GRANT LYNCH ON SAFETY INITIATIVES
- Multi-Platinum Selling Artist Eric Church, Whose No. 1 Hit “Talladega” is Nominated for CMA Single of the Year, Set to be Honorary Pace Car Driver for Talladega Superspeedway’s CampingWorld.com 500 on Sunday, Oct. 25
- NASCAR Drivers Timothy Peters, Daniel Hemric in Birmingham Area to Talk about upcoming fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 24
- New Fanatics NASCAR Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway To Enhance Fan Retail Experience, Oct. 23-25