Labonte Humbled By Talladega-Texaco Walk of Fame Induction
Bobby Labonte, the 2000 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion, will join former driver Rex White as the 2008 class of inductees into the Texaco Talladega Walk of Fame in downtown Talladega, Alabama. Labonte will be honored on Saturday, October 4, during the upcoming race weekend at the Talladega Superspeedway.
“This is one of the highest honors of my racing career because it came from the fans,” said Labonte. “I’m always humbled to win an award from the fans because they drive our sport. Since coming to Petty Enterprises and seeing firsthand how “The King” Richard Petty appreciates all the fans, it is important to me to continue to do the same. My brother Terry received this honor last year and I know how much it meant to him. Thank you to all of the fans that voted for me and allowed me to join my brother in this special achievement.”
Terry Labonte, who has driven in six races in the No. 45 Marathon/Wells Fargo/PVA/RPDE Dodge during the 2008 season, was inducted into the Texaco Talladega Walk of Fame in 2007. The Labontes are the only brothers to both win the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship. Originally from Corpus Christi, Texas, the two were chosen as inductees into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame in 2002.
About Petty Enterprises
Petty Enterprises, founded in 1949 in Level Cross, NC by Lee Petty, is the most successful organization in NASCAR with 268 race wins and 10 Sprint Cup Series Championships. NASCAR icon and seven time Sprint Cup Series Champion Richard Petty is the most recognized figure in all of North American motorsports and continues to be a highly sought after band ambassador. Located in Mooresville, NC, the organization operates two NASCAR Sprint Cup teams, the #43 Dodge team of Bobby Labonte and the #45 Dodge team of Kyle Petty; as well as the Richard Petty Driving Experience. David Zucker, who was appointed CEO in 2008, works alongside Richard Petty to lead the organization, which is partnered with Boston Ventures, a private equity firm located in Boston, Mass.
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand at Talladega Superspeedway for Oct. 19 GEICO 500
- Talladega Superspeedway, Birmingham Business Alliance Host “Business of NASCAR” Event; Panelists Include Helton, Childress
- Fans Can Take Personal Car Around Talladega Superspeedway; Part of “Fan Track Drive” to Benefit the American Red Cross July 26
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Favorite Bill Elliott Among Five Legends Named to Prestigious 2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class
- Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway Outcompetes All 2014 NASCAR Weekends