Talladega Superspeedway: One Of A Kind
Can any other track provide fans the same four-wide racing and exciting finishes as Talladega Superspeedway? Johnny Benson, driver of the No.23 Toyota in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series, says no… nothing can compare.
“I don’t think there is any other track that compares to it, as far as good racing for the fans,” said Benson. “Talladega is a very smooth track and the fans can see great side by side racing because of that.”
The 2007 Mountain Dew 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race at Talladega ended in dramatic fashion, with the trucks of Todd Bodine, Rick Crawford and Benson crossing the finish line in a three-wide battle, separated by mere thousandths of a second. Benson said fans can expect more of the same in the Oct. 4th Mountain Dew 250. “I think the fans can expect the same thing they saw the last two years- three wide racing at the end and mayhem during the race. I don’t think anything will change there.”
Benson is hoping on Oct. 4th he can find himself in position to earn a much sought after win at Talladega, having now made over twenty starts in four different series (IROC, Nationwide, Sprint Cup and Craftsman Truck) without a win. “A win at Talladega would be cool. It would be real cool to win in a three-wide battle, because we have been in so many.”
Johnny Benson and the rest of the stars of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series will return to Talladega Superspeedway Oct. 4th for the Mountain Dew 250. The Mountain Dew 250 is 250 miles of the 1,000 miles of racing featured during the Oct. 3-5 AMP Energy 500 event weekend.
The AMP Energy 500 event weekend features 1,000 miles of racing at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track with the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, Oct. 3, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Mountain Dew 250 on Saturday, Oct. 4 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AMP Energy 500, race number four in the in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, on Sunday, Oct. 5. Tickets are available at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola