Talladega Superspeedway Hosts Laps For CF
Talladega Superspeedway and Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure hosted Laps For CF on Friday and Saturday,an event that raised over $120,000 to increase awareness of cystic fibrosis (CF) and provide financial support in all areas of need for CF research, treatment, care and improved quality of life.
Laps for CF Talladega has grown considerably since its inaugural event last year, moving from a one day event to two full days of action-packed fundraising. Friday was reserved for corporations that made donations, while Saturday was open to the public with a crowd estimated at over 500 people.
“This is such a special event because it allows the community to combine their love for racing with their love of supporting the Laps for CF Foundation,” said Celeste Griffin, assistant director of Laps for CF. “We saw such strong support last year from the corporate and public sides that we felt the need to go to a two-day schedule. By increasing the amount of time we could spend at the track, we have seen our public donations nearly triple this year. We expect next year to be even better as more corporations learn about the event and want to participate.”
While many participants in the fundraiser drove and rode along in Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure cars, others toured the track’s infield and enjoyed such festivities as a barbeque lunch, live music, car displays and more. “We really try to make this a family event,” said Griffin. “The community gets involved by holding fundraisers at the local schools, churches or civic groups and then everyone comes together for a fun day at the track.” For more information on Laps for CF, visit www.lapsforcf.org.
Racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the AMP Energy 500 event weekend featuring 1,000 miles of racing at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track with the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, Oct. 3, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Mountain Dew 250 on Saturday, Oct. 4 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AMP Energy 500, race number four in the in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, on Sunday, Oct. 5. Tickets are available at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola