Alabama Native Rick Crawford Tightens Point Gap - Track His Progress Here!
Alabama native Rick Crawford tightened the gap to first place in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series point standings with a fourth place run at Memphis on Saturday. Crawford is currently fifth in the point standings, but trails series’ leader Ron Hornaday by only 74 points.
Race fans can track Crawford’s progress in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com and clicking the Rick Crawford link at the top of the page. Talladega will provide weekly updates to the page; ending with Crawford’s running in the Mountain Dew 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on Oct. 4.
“I’ve said it before, but ever since the days of the Alabama Gang, race fans in Alabama have loved to cheer for one of their hometown drivers,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “We started keeping track of Rick’s progress on our website three weeks ago with little updates. Since then, the fans have really taken notice and said that they want more. So in response, we implemented this webpage to track Rick’s progress leading up to the Mountain Dew 250. We hope the fans will really enjoy it.”
Crawford is an 11-year veteran of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series with his best finish at Talladega Superspeedway, second, coming last year in a three-wide battle with Todd Bodine and Johnny Benson. Bodine beat Crawford by a mere 0.014 seconds.
Crawford said race fans can expect this year’s Mountain Dew 250 to be as exciting ever.
“It’s going to be a close, tight race,” said Crawford. “Being able to participate at a race track of that size and that magnitude with that much history is really special for me. Knowing that Talladega Superspeedway is in your home state and knowing the excitement that it brings to the fans and the excitement that it brings to the drivers, it makes you proud to be from Alabama.”
Tickets are still available to see Rick Crawford and the rest of the stars of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series in the Oct. 4th Mountain Dew 250. Tickets are available at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Laps for Life Blood Drive Set for Sept. 11 at Talladega Superspeedway, International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand at Talladega Superspeedway for Oct. 19 GEICO 500
- Talladega Superspeedway, Birmingham Business Alliance Host “Business of NASCAR” Event; Panelists Include Helton, Childress
- Fans Can Take Personal Car Around Talladega Superspeedway; Part of “Fan Track Drive” to Benefit the American Red Cross July 26
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Favorite Bill Elliott Among Five Legends Named to Prestigious 2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class