Alabama Native Rick Crawford Leads NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series
It has been years since members of the Alabama Gang struck fear into the hearts of competitors, but in 2008 another Alabama native is quietly seizing control of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series point race and giving his home state fans a reason to cheer. A ninth-place finish at Dover sent Mobile, Alabama’s own Rick Crawford to the top of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series point lead.
This is only the second time in 280 series starts that Crawford, driver of the No. 14 Power Stroke Diesel by International Ford, has sat atop the standings. His previous lead was in 2003 after he won the season opener at Daytona.
“I think it is great that we have an Alabama native leading the points in one of NASCAR’s top divisions,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “Alabama residents love to pull for one of our own and Rick Crawford is giving the entire state someone to cheer for in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. I can only imagine what will happen if Rick is leading the points coming in to the Mountain Dew 250 at Talladega on Oct. 4, or more importantly, if he is leading the points after the Mountain Dew 250.”
Rick Crawford and the rest of the stars of the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series will return to Talladega Superspeedway Oct. 4th for the Mountain Dew 250. The Mountain Dew 250 is 250 miles of the 1,000 miles of racing featured during the Oct. 3-5 AMP Energy 500 event weekend.
The AMP Energy 500 event weekend features 1,000 miles of racing at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track with the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, Oct. 3, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Mountain Dew 250 on Saturday, Oct. 4 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AMP Energy 500, race number four in the in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, on Sunday, Oct. 5. Tickets are available at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand at Talladega Superspeedway for Oct. 19 GEICO 500
- Talladega Superspeedway, Birmingham Business Alliance Host “Business of NASCAR” Event; Panelists Include Helton, Childress
- Fans Can Take Personal Car Around Talladega Superspeedway; Part of “Fan Track Drive” to Benefit the American Red Cross July 26
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Favorite Bill Elliott Among Five Legends Named to Prestigious 2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class
- Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway Outcompetes All 2014 NASCAR Weekends