Fans Want Action & Competition - Talladega's Got It
Nearly one-third of the way into the 2008 NASCAR season, one track has shone brighter than the rest in highlighting the racy capabilities of NASCAR’s new car… that track is Talladega Superspeedway.
Last month’s Aaron’s Dream Weekend set a season-high mark with 52 lead changes among 20 different drivers. While that statistic is impressive enough on its own, it’s the season-high 9,166 green flag passes, over 55 passes a lap, that kept fans on the edge of their seats over the course of the afternoon.
Many drivers had to fight and claw for every position, with some recording nearly 400 green flag passes. Juan Pablo Montoya topped the charts with 389 green flag passes in route to his second-place finish.
“Talladega again has set the benchmark for on-track action,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “The Aaron’s 499 produced some of the most thrilling racing I have seen all year and our fans seem to agree, judging by all the feedback we have received. I am looking forward to welcoming everyone back for the AMP Energy 500 this fall.”
The intensity will be even greater when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway in the fall, as October 5th brings race number four in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, the AMP Energy 500.
The AMP Energy 500 event weekend features 1,000 miles of racing at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track with the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, Oct. 3, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Mountain Dew 250 on Saturday, Oct. 4 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series AMP Energy 500, race number four in the in the Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup, on Sunday, Oct. 5. Tickets are available at www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or 1-877-Go2-DEGA. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22
- Defending Alabama 500 Champ Joey Logano, Michael Annett Join Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Carl Edwards & Brian Scott for Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 23
- ‘Chase University’ College Student Program Set for Talladega Superspeedway Sunday, Oct. 23
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase Field Set; Anticipation is High for Talladega Superspeedway's fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Oct. 22
- Last Chance! $10 Savings for Talladega Superspeedway's Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23, Ends Sept. 23