Taylor Hicks To Perform National Anthem Prior To Aaron's 499
Taylor Hicks, who won the fifth-season of the American Idol competition, will sing the National Anthem prior to the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, April 27 at Talladega Superspeedway.
The 31-year-old Hicks, born in nearby Birmingham Ala. and raised in Hoover, captured more than 63 million votes to win the fifth season of American Idol, which has a tradition of producing today’s greatest singing stars.
“We’re proud to have one of Alabama’s favorite sons in Taylor Hicks perform the National Anthem prior to the Aaron’s 499,” Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey said. “With his raspy, soulful voice, race fans should expect a rousing rendition of the National Anthem.”
After winning the fifth season of American Idol in 2005, Hicks’ first single “Do I Make You Proud” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard’s Hot 100, the Single Sales chart and the Pop 100 with more than 190,000 copies sold in its first week of release. His self-titled major-label debut album arrived in late 2006 and “Live at the Workplay Theatre,” a concert album recorded in summer 2006, was released in 2007.
Tickets are still available for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend by calling the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office at 1-877-Go2-DEGA, (1-877-462-3342) or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725).
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22
- Defending Alabama 500 Champ Joey Logano, Michael Annett Join Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Carl Edwards & Brian Scott for Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 23
- ‘Chase University’ College Student Program Set for Talladega Superspeedway Sunday, Oct. 23
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase Field Set; Anticipation is High for Talladega Superspeedway's fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Oct. 22
- Last Chance! $10 Savings for Talladega Superspeedway's Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23, Ends Sept. 23