Taylor Hicks To Perform National Anthem Prior To Aaron's 499
Taylor Hicks, who won the fifth-season of the American Idol competition, will sing the National Anthem prior to the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, April 27 at Talladega Superspeedway.
The 31-year-old Hicks, born in nearby Birmingham Ala. and raised in Hoover, captured more than 63 million votes to win the fifth season of American Idol, which has a tradition of producing today’s greatest singing stars.
“We’re proud to have one of Alabama’s favorite sons in Taylor Hicks perform the National Anthem prior to the Aaron’s 499,” Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey said. “With his raspy, soulful voice, race fans should expect a rousing rendition of the National Anthem.”
After winning the fifth season of American Idol in 2005, Hicks’ first single “Do I Make You Proud” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard’s Hot 100, the Single Sales chart and the Pop 100 with more than 190,000 copies sold in its first week of release. His self-titled major-label debut album arrived in late 2006 and “Live at the Workplay Theatre,” a concert album recorded in summer 2006, was released in 2007.
Tickets are still available for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend by calling the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office at 1-877-Go2-DEGA, (1-877-462-3342) or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725).
- The Chase Is On! Superhero Logano Visits Alabama As Part Of NASCAR’s “Chase Across North America;” Readies For Talladega
- Join Us For The Chase Across North America Kickoff!
- NEW, EXCITING QUALIFYING FORMAT INSTITUTED FOR TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY’S GEICO 500 AND FRED’S 250 POWERED BY COCA-COLA
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women's History Museum
- Thomas Rhett to Perform Saturday Night Infield Concert at Talladega Superspeedway during GEICO 500 Weekend