Several NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Drivers Pulling Double Duty At Talladega
Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch will be among the pre-race favorites for the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on Sunday, April 27 at Talladega Superspeedway.
But they’ll also be strong contenders to win the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series on Saturday, April 26.
Earnhardt Jr., Stewart and Busch are among at least 12 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series stars that will pull double duty during the upcoming Aaron’s Dream Weekend competing in both the Aaron’s 312 and the Aaron’s 499 at Talladega Superspeedway.
Earnhardt Jr., who has six career wins at Talladega Superspeedway, will make his fifth NASCAR Nationwide Series start of the season behind the wheel of the No. 5 Delphi Chevrolet for JR Motorsports while Stewart and Busch will wheel Toyotas for Joe Gibbs Racing.
Other double duty Sprint Cup Series drivers that are expected to compete in both the Aaron’s 499 and the Aaron’s 312 include NASCAR Nationwide Series points leader Clint Bowyer, David Ragan, Patrick Carpentier, Greg Biffle, Reed Sorenson, Denny Hamlin, Dario Franchitti, Carl Edwards and David Reutimann.
“For race fans, seeing the likes of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Tony Stewart compete in one race at Talladega Superspeedway is not enough,” Track President Rick Humphrey said. “Having many of the top NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers compete in next Saturday’s Aaron’s 312 provides extra incentive to our race fans to join us for both races during the Aaron’s Dream Weekend.”
Nationwide Series stars that will look to battle those Sprint Cup Series drivers in the Aaron’s 312 include Jason Leffler, Cale Gale, Scott Wimmer, Brad Keselowski, David Stremme, Bobby Hamilton Jr., Steve Wallace and Marcos Ambrose.
Tickets are still available for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend by calling the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office at 1-877-Go2-DEGA, (1-877-462-3342) or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725).
- Surprises Are Plenty as Talladega Superspeedway Favorite Dale Earnhardt Jr. Visits College Football Hall of Fame
- Talladega Superspeedway, Chevrolet Set To Look Pretty In Pink To Benefit The American Cancer Society
- Exciting Events, Driver Fun Will Again Make Talladega Superspeedway's 'The Big One on the Blvd' NASCAR'S Biggest Party
- Tim Dugger to Perform Opening Set for Talladega Superspeedway Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 24
- Earnhardt Jr. Can Earn Unique Place in NASCAR History by Winning the CampingWorld.com 500 at Talladega Superspeedway