Gordon Looking For Third Straight Win At Talladega In Aaron's 499
Momentum can be a big factor in NASCAR Sprint Cup Series competition and defending Aaron’s 499 champion Jeff Gordon will have plenty of it at Talladega Superspeedway entering the Aaron’s Dream Weekend on April 25-27.
Gordon, who will wheel a specially painted No. 24 DuPont/Pepsi Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports in the Aaron’s 499 on Sunday, April 27, will be shooting for his third straight Talladega Superspeedway victory after sweeping both Sprint Cup Series events at NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track in 2007.
"I don't think a lot has changed since the last time we were there,” Gordon said during the recent Sprint Cup Series weekend at Phoenix International Raceway. “We had an awesome, awesome day (last October), awesome race. Love to have the same result. Certainly any time we go to a restrictor track, and Talladega being one of the best ones out there for us, I always look forward to going there."
In last spring’s Aaron’s 499, Gordon achieved a couple of significant career milestones. He earned his first pole at Talladega Superspeedway and his 60th career Sprint Cup Series pole, which moved him into fourth place on the all-time list. With his Aaron’s 499 victory, Gordon moved past the late Dale Earnhardt into sixth on the all-time win list.
In the fall race at Talladega Superspeedway, Gordon added to his resume at Talladega Superspeedway with his second straight victory and sixth overall, breaking his tie with Dale Earnhardt Jr. for most wins by an active driver.
In addition, it was Gordon’s 12th restrictor-plate victory of his career and 80th career win overall. Gordon’s victory also gave car owner Rick Hendrick the most owner wins (10) at Talladega Superspeedway, breaking a tie with Richard Childress.
“I love coming here,” said Gordon after his victory in the fall. “I love racing with 10 (laps) to go and it’s wild and crazy like that. And I think the fans here get to see an awesome show.”
Tickets are still available for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend by calling the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office at 1-877-Go2-DEGA, (1-877-462-3342) or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725).
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola