Dale Earnhardt Jr. To Make 300th Career Sprint Cup Start In The Aaron's 499
Dale Earnhardt Jr. will celebrate a big milestone in the Aaron’s 499 at Talladega Superspeedway on April 27 when he makes his 300th career NASCAR Sprint Cup Series start.
It’s only fitting that Earnhardt Jr. would reach a milestone in career starts at Talladega Superspeedway, his most successful track on the NASCAR circuit. Five of his 17 career Sprint Cup Series victories have occurred here – the most of any track – and he won a record four straight between October 2001 and April 2003.
For the upcoming Aaron’s Dream Weekend April 24-27, Earnhardt Jr. will return to the Talladega Superspeedway for the first time with his new team at Hendrick Motorsports with hopes of ending a career-high 70 race winless skid.
After driving for Dale Earnhardt Inc. for his entire Sprint Cup Series career, Earnhardt Jr. is currently in his first season behind the wheel of the No. 88 National Guard/AMP Energy Chevrolet for Hendrick Motorsports.
Earnhardt Jr. and Hendrick Motorsports are expected to be a powerful combination in the Aaron’s 499. In the 16 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races at Talladega Superspeedway since 2000, either Hendrick Motorsports or Dale Earnhardt Jr. has won 12. In addition, Hendrick Motorsports has won the past four Sprint Cup Series races at Talladega Superspeedway.
“It’s fitting that Talladega Superspeedway is the site of Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s 300th Sprint Cup start,” Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey said. “This facility is a special place for both Dale Earnhardt Jr. and all of his fans. I’m sure Jr. Nation would be thrilled if Talladega could be the site of Dale’s first victory with Hendrick Motorsports.”
Tickets are still available for the Aaron’s Dream Weekend by calling the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office at 1-877-Go2-DEGA, (1-877-462-3342) or visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725).
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand at Talladega Superspeedway for Oct. 19 GEICO 500
- Talladega Superspeedway, Birmingham Business Alliance Host “Business of NASCAR” Event; Panelists Include Helton, Childress
- Fans Can Take Personal Car Around Talladega Superspeedway; Part of “Fan Track Drive” to Benefit the American Red Cross July 26
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Favorite Bill Elliott Among Five Legends Named to Prestigious 2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class
- Aaron’s Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway Outcompetes All 2014 NASCAR Weekends