On Saturday, approximately 30 cook teams will unveil their latest culinary concoctions during the third annual Chevrolet/Alabama Wildlife Federation (AWF) Wild Game Cook-Off at Talladega Superspeedway. Tickets are still available for this event by calling 1-800-822-9453 or visiting the AWF website at www.alabamawildlife.org.
In addition to delicious food and fellowship with outdoors enthusiasts, a major highlight of the day will be the chance to take a ride around the historic 2.66-mile tri-oval race track to raise additional funds for AWF in the official pace cars of Talladega Superspeedway. Rides around Talladega Superspeedway will be from 3 to 4:30 p.m. and will be sold for $50 each to the first 150 cook-off ticket holders who purchase them in advance. Each ride also qualifies the purchaser for a drawing for one 6-lap Superspeedway teaser with the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure.
Cook-Off spectators will also have a chance to bid on several driving school and race ticket packages during the silent auction. Below is a few of the many items up for bid:
· A three lap ride-along with the Richard Petty Driving Experience
· A six lap “You Drive” racing experience with The Racing Experience
· A six lap ultimate racing ride with The Racing Experience
· A trip for six on an Argentina Dove Hunt
· A half-day turkey hunt at Steed Farm on March 17 with Dave Marcis, a former NASCAR driver with the most competitive miles (25,998.8) run at Talladega Superspeedway
· A fall quail hunt at Sellwood Farm Hunting Preserve with NASCAR President Mike Helton
· A fall quail hunt at Sellwood Farm Hunting Preserve with Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey
· A fall quail hunt at Sellwood Farm Hunting Preserve with ISC Senior Vice President of Business Operations Grant Lynch
· A ticket package to Daytona International Speedway (Two Daytona Pub packages – The acclaimed Daytona Pub is a one of a kind experience that takes hospitality to new heights. Enjoy race day in a climate-controlled pavilion with luxury amenities, food and a NASCAR celebrity appearance. This package includes the same great seat with in-seat service in the Sprint Tower for he Brumos Porsche 250 sports car race July 3, the NASCAR Nationwide Series 250 race July 4 and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series 400 race July 5.
· A ticket package to Martinsville Speedway (Two tickets and two pre-race pit passes to the Goody’s Cool Orange 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race on March 30)
· A ticket package to Darlington Raceway (Two tickets to the May 10th Dodge Challenger 500, two tickets to the Diamond Hill Plywood 200 and a pair of Stripe Zone hospitality passes)
· Prints by artist Larry Chandler, including assorted turkey prints and the winning prints from AWF’s Alabama Flora & Fauna Art Show
· Assorted shotguns
As an added bonus, anyone who purchases a ticket and attends the event will be eligible for sensational door prizes, such as a Talladega Superspeedway Sunoco Race Flag autographed by drivers that competed in the 2007 Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, a six lap “You Drive” racing experience with The Racing Experience, a Talladega Superspeedway hat autographed by Jeff Gordon, a Talladega Superspeedway hat autographed by Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and a piece of the historic Talladega Superspeedway racing surface that was replaced in 2006.
Tickets to attend the Chevrolet AWF Wild Game Cook-Off are $40 per person, or $50 per couple when purchased prior to the event. To purchase tickets, pre-order rides around the track or participate as a cook team call Alabama Wildlife Federation at 1-800-822-9453 or visit their website at www.alabamawildlife.org.
All proceeds from the event will benefit AWF, the oldest and largest non-profit conservation organization in Alabama. The AWF was established by sportsmen in 1935 to promote the conservation and wise use of our wildlife and natural resources and to ensure a high quality of life for future generations of Alabamians. The organization holds wild game cook-offs throughout the state, however this statewide event is its largest fundraiser each year.
Talladega Superspeedway will host its first race of the 2008 NASCAR season during the Aaron’s Dream Weekend, April 25-27, featuring the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series and Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races. Friday, April 25 will feature NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice and The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Saturday, April 26 will feature The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Then on Sunday, April 27, the greatest drivers in the world will compete in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge to the general admission grandstands when accompanied by a ticketed adult on Friday and Saturday.
Tickets are available by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA, (1-877-462-3342). For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available online at www.racetickets.com, or in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.