Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s Back
Five-time Talladega Superspeedway NASCAR Sprint Cup winner Dale Earnhardt, Jr. couldn’t have kicked off his season any better than his win Saturday night at Daytona International Speedway. The win marked his first in nearly two years.
“This is exactly what we needed coming out of the gate,” said Earnhardt, Jr. “I’m just so proud of my team, National Guard, AMP, Sony, Adidas and everybody that’s helped us. We’ve had such a long off-season. This makes it all worth it.”
The win also marks his first with new team Hendrick Motorsports, who currently holds the record for most team wins at Talladega Superspeedway. With the success of Earnhardt, Jr. and team Hendrick at Talladega, chances are high that he will take his sixth Talladega Superspeedway NASCAR Sprint Cup win in April. If Earnhardt, Jr. wins the Aaron’s 499, he will tie Jeff Gordon with six, and be well on his way to catching his late father, who has 10 Talladega Superspeedway NASCAR Sprint Cup wins.
“Dale Earnhardt, Jr. has such an amazing following with our fans,” said Talladega Superspeedway President Rick Humphrey. “We look forward to his return to NASCAR’s Most Competitive Track in April for possibly another dominating performance.”
Talladega Superspeedway will host its first race of the 2008 NASCAR season during the Aaron’s Dream
Weekend, April 25-27, featuring the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series and Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series races. Friday, April 25 will feature NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice and The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Saturday, April 26 will feature The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and the Aaron’s 312 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Then on Sunday, April 27, the greatest drivers in the world will compete in the Aaron’s 499 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race. Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge to the general admission grandstands when accompanied by a ticketed adult on Friday and Saturday.
Tickets are available by calling 1-877-Go2-DEGA, (1-877-462-3342). For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available online at www.racetickets.com, or in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday- Friday.
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway