Tickets Still Available For Oct. 5-7 UAW-Ford 500 Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
Talladega Superspeedway officials announced today that tickets are still available for the Oct. 5-7 UAW-Ford 500 Event Weekend, including $60 two-day tickets that feature admission to the Mountain Dew 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on Saturday and the UAW-Ford 500 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race on Sunday. The entire weekend feature's 1,000 miles of racing at NASCAR's Most Competitive Track and has quickly grown into one of the most exciting weekends on the NASCAR circuit.
"We have been receiving a lot of calls about ticket availability," explained track president Rick Humphrey. "We want to make it clear that we do still have tickets available for all three events, starting with the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, the Mountain Dew 250 on Saturday and the UAW-Ford 500 on Sunday. Tickets for the UAW-Ford 500 are going quickly however, so fans planning on attending this race need to reserve their tickets now while they are still available."
The UAW-Ford 500 will have a major impact on the championship point standings as race number four in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup. Currently, positions 1-4 in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series are separated by a single point each, with former
The Mountain Dew 250 will play a critical role in determining the 2007 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series champion as well. Currently, only three points separate series leader Mike Skinner from Ron Hornaday Jr. Skinner finished second in the inaugural truck race at
The 2007 UAW-Ford 500 weekend at Talladega Superspeedway consists of the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, followed by the Mountain Dew 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on Saturday. The NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Car of Tomorrow will make its first appearance in a superspeedway race on Sunday, Oct. 7, which is also the fourth race in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup. Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge on Friday and Saturday of race weekends in the general admission grandstands at Talladega Superspeedway. To order tickets, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA (1-877-462-3342). For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available online at www.racetickets.com or in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday - Sunday.
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Alabama Icons Reunite, Cast a New Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Big, Bold & Tough “Vulcan” Trophy
- How Crowd-Pleasing is the Racing at Talladega Superspeedway? So Much That Fans Representing All 50 States & 20 Countries Are Set to Attend Hellmann’s 500 and fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Talladega-Sized Concessions Return With “The Big One" Meatball and The "Talla-Mento Dogwich”