Talladega Will Play Critical Role In Deciding Truck Champion
Only three points separate NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series points leader and 1995 series champion Mike Skinner from two-time series champion (1996 & 1998) Ron Hornaday Jr. heading into the Oct. 6 Mountain Dew 250. Both drivers know they need a strong run at Talladega Superspeedway to keep their chances alive at another championship.
Hornaday Jr., driver of the No. 33 AES HR Solutions Chevrolet said a lot has changed about
Hornaday Jr. said that while running a consistent race is important, a little luck doesn't hurt either. "We just have to keep doing what we are doing. We aren't doing anything that we haven't done before. We've just had luck on our side. Our team has to race for top-five finishes every week to win this championship."
So, what can fans expect to see at Talladega Superspeedway as one of the tightest point battles in history comes to town? Skinner perhaps said it best, "I don't have any predictions for the race except that it will be a great one to watch. The Truck Series is very entertaining to say the least and
town? Skinner perhaps said it best, "I don't have any predictions for the race except that it will be a great one to watch. The Truck Series is very entertaining to say the least and
The 2007 UAW-Ford 500 weekend at Talladega Superspeedway will be held on Oct. 5-7 and will consist of the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, followed by the Mountain Dew 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on Saturday. The NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Car of Tomorrow will make its first appearance in a superspeedway race on Sunday, Oct. 7, which is also the fourth race in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup. Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge on Friday and Saturday of race weekends in the general admission grandstands at Talladega Superspeedway. To order tickets, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA (1-877-462-3342). For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available online at www.racetickets.com or in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday - Sunday.
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7
- Samford University Student Sinks Half-Court Hoops Shot to Win $1,000 Tuition on Behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015