Kurt Busch Predicts Racing at Talladega Superspeedway Will Be "Twice As Exciting"
As drivers and crew chiefs prepare for Talladega Superspeedway and the first Car Of Tomorrow (COT) race on the massive 2.66 mile tri-oval, one notion is becoming prevalent. The UAW-Ford 500 on Oct. 7 is going to be exciting.
The COT is the culmination of a seven-year project undertaken at NASCAR's Research and
When asked about what he expects from the COT at Talladega Superspeedway, 2004 Series champion Kurt Busch exclaimed, "It's going to change the element of how
After posting a disappointing 25th at
It may not seem like success in an IROC car would translate into success in a COT, but Busch sees it differently. "The larger the wicker is, the larger the drag that's built into the car, and it's easier for the car behind to catch up. It reminds me a little of the IROC cars, the way the cars are drafting right now. If you get cut off from the draft, you lose it in a hurry. But if you stay in it, it's a very aggressive draft. It's going to be exciting."
the larger the drag that's built into the car, and it's easier for the car behind to catch up. It reminds me a little of the IROC cars, the way the cars are drafting right now. If you get cut off from the draft, you lose it in a hurry. But if you stay in it, it's a very aggressive draft. It's going to be exciting."
The 2007 UAW-Ford 500 weekend at Talladega Superspeedway will be held on Oct. 5-7 and will consist of the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, followed by the Mountain Dew 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on Saturday. The NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Car of Tomorrow will make its first appearance in a superspeedway race on Sunday, Oct. 7, which is also the fourth race in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup. Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge on Friday and Saturday of race weekends in the general admission grandstands at Talladega Superspeedway. To order tickets, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA (1-877-462-3342). For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available online at www.racetickets.com or in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday - Friday.
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway