Kurt Busch Predicts Racing at Talladega Superspeedway Will Be "Twice As Exciting"
As drivers and crew chiefs prepare for Talladega Superspeedway and the first Car Of Tomorrow (COT) race on the massive 2.66 mile tri-oval, one notion is becoming prevalent. The UAW-Ford 500 on Oct. 7 is going to be exciting.
The COT is the culmination of a seven-year project undertaken at NASCAR's Research and
When asked about what he expects from the COT at Talladega Superspeedway, 2004 Series champion Kurt Busch exclaimed, "It's going to change the element of how
After posting a disappointing 25th at
It may not seem like success in an IROC car would translate into success in a COT, but Busch sees it differently. "The larger the wicker is, the larger the drag that's built into the car, and it's easier for the car behind to catch up. It reminds me a little of the IROC cars, the way the cars are drafting right now. If you get cut off from the draft, you lose it in a hurry. But if you stay in it, it's a very aggressive draft. It's going to be exciting."
the larger the drag that's built into the car, and it's easier for the car behind to catch up. It reminds me a little of the IROC cars, the way the cars are drafting right now. If you get cut off from the draft, you lose it in a hurry. But if you stay in it, it's a very aggressive draft. It's going to be exciting."
The 2007 UAW-Ford 500 weekend at Talladega Superspeedway will be held on Oct. 5-7 and will consist of the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, followed by the Mountain Dew 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on Saturday. The NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Car of Tomorrow will make its first appearance in a superspeedway race on Sunday, Oct. 7, which is also the fourth race in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup. Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge on Friday and Saturday of race weekends in the general admission grandstands at Talladega Superspeedway. To order tickets, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA (1-877-462-3342). For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available online at www.racetickets.com or in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday - Friday.
- GEICO Extends Multiyear, Multi-Track Partnership with International Speedway Corporation
- fred’s Pharmacy Executives Teresa Gabor, Kevin Pitt to Serve as Honorary Officials for fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Alabama Icons Reunite, Cast a New Tradition at Talladega Superspeedway with Big, Bold & Tough “Vulcan” Trophy
- How Crowd-Pleasing is the Racing at Talladega Superspeedway? So Much That Fans Representing All 50 States & 20 Countries Are Set to Attend Hellmann’s 500 and fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola
- Talladega-Sized Concessions Return With “The Big One" Meatball and The "Talla-Mento Dogwich”