ARCA RE/MAX Series Drivers Test At Talladega Superspeedway
Forty-one ARCA RE/MAX Series drivers took to the high-banks of Talladega Superspeedway on Tuesday in preparation for the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, Oct. 5.
Justin South, a native of
When asked his thoughts about racing so close to home, South said, "Everybody loves to come race at
McDowell, driver of the No. 2 Z-Line Design Dodge Charger, acknowledged that
Kimmel, driver of the No. 46 PORK The Other White Meat Ford Fusion, praised the young racer. "This one is more of a battle, to be sure. We had a good race last year with Bobby Gerhart, but by this time we had a pretty good lead. Michael McDowell has done a super job. He's a tough competitor. He has great race cars, and he's a good driver and a nice young man. We've really had a lot of fun racing this year."
sure. We had a good race last year with Bobby Gerhart, but by this time we had a pretty good lead. Michael McDowell has done a super job. He's a tough competitor. He has great race cars, and he's a good driver and a nice young man. We've really had a lot of fun racing this year."
The ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 is only a quarter of the 1,000 miles of racing during the Oct. 5-7 UAW-Ford 500 weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. The weekend consists of the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, followed by the Mountain Dew 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on Saturday. The NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Car of Tomorrow will make its first appearance in a superspeedway race on Sunday, Oct. 7, which is also the fourth race in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup. Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge on Friday and Saturday of race weekends in the general admission grandstands at Talladega Superspeedway. To order tickets, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA (1-877-462-3342). For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets also are available online at www.racetickets.com or in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday - Sunday.
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7
- Samford University Student Sinks Half-Court Hoops Shot to Win $1,000 Tuition on Behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015