Alabama State Troopers Use Talladega Superspeedway For High-Speed Pursuit Training
Troopers used Talladega Superspeedway last week to train a class of 18 recruits in high-speed pursuit and defensive driving techniques. "What's great about training at Talladega Superspeedway is the vast amount of usable space allows us to set up a course that simulates real obstacles and road conditions Troopers are likely to find on the highway," said Sgt. Keith Jackson. TALLADEGA, Ala. - Alabama State
Alabama State Troopers and other law enforcement personnel will be out in full force ensuring the safety of race fans when racing returns to Talladega Superspeedway for the UAW-Ford 500 Event Weekend. The 2007 UAW-Ford 500 Event Weekend will be held Oct. 5-7 and will consist of the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on Friday, followed by the Mountain Dew 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on Saturday. The NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series Car of Tomorrow will make its first appearance in a superspeedway race on Sunday, Oct. 7, which is also the fourth race in the Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup. Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge on Friday and Saturday of race weekends with a ticketed adult in the general admission grandstands at Talladega Superspeedway.
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22
- Defending Alabama 500 Champ Joey Logano, Michael Annett Join Dale Earnhardt, Jr., Carl Edwards & Brian Scott for Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Oct. 23
- ‘Chase University’ College Student Program Set for Talladega Superspeedway Sunday, Oct. 23
- NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Chase Field Set; Anticipation is High for Talladega Superspeedway's fred's 250 Powered by Coca-Cola, Oct. 22
- Last Chance! $10 Savings for Talladega Superspeedway's Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23, Ends Sept. 23