International Speedway Announces Executive Promotions
~Strengthens Reporting Structure to Further Integrate Event Management and
~Roger VanDerSnick Named SVP, Marketing and Business Operations; Grant Lynch Named SVP, Business Operations; and Daryl Wolfe Named VP and CMO~
International Speedway Corporation (NASDAQ Global Select Market: ISCA; OTC Bulletin Board: ISCB) ("ISC") today announced the following executive promotions:
- Roger R. VanDerSnick, 44, formerly Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, will become Senior Vice President, Marketing and Business Operations, overseeing management of ISC's facilities and MRN Radio, as well as all marketing and sales activities. VanDerSnick will report to ISC's Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, John R. Saunders;
- W. Grant Lynch Jr., 53, formerly Vice President of ISC and President of Talladega Superspeedway, will become Senior Vice President, Business Operations, responsible for numerous ISC subsidiaries, including the Company's 13 wholly-owned and/or operated racetracks and Americrown. Lynch will report to VanDerSnick;
- Daryl Q. Wolfe, 39, formerly Vice President, Sales and Media, will become Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, overseeing the Company's corporate and consumer sales and marketing initiatives as well as managing ISC's media and licensing properties. Wolfe will continue to report to VanDerSnick.
"These executive changes build upon the strengths of our management team and more importantly, will formally integrate our sales, marketing and event production efforts to further build on ISC's position as a world leader in motorsports entertainment," said ISC President Lesa France Kennedy. "In addition, these promotions will allow executive management to better focus on our long-term goals and continue to deliver value for our shareholders."
"This improved structure will ensure the ongoing success of our outstanding team of leaders and employees at ISC's facilities and related business operations," added Saunders. "In their expanded roles, Roger, Grant and Daryl will be positioned to facilitate more effective collaboration within all levels of the organization in order for ISC to continue delivering memorable and thrilling experiences for our guests and keep them returning year after year."
International Speedway Corporation is a leading promoter of motorsports activities, currently promoting more than 100 racing events annually as well as numerous other motorsports-related activities. The Company owns and/or operates 13 of the nation's major motorsports entertainment facilities, including Daytona International Speedway in Florida (home of the Daytona 500); Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama; Michigan International Speedway located outside Detroit; Richmond International Raceway in Virginia; California Speedway near Los Angeles; Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas; Phoenix International Raceway in Arizona; Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway near Chicago, Illinois; Homestead-Miami Speedway in Florida; Martinsville Speedway in Virginia; Darlington Raceway in South Carolina; and Watkins Glen International in New York. In addition, ISC is a limited partner with Group Motorisé International in the organization and promotion of certain events at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal, Canada.
The Company also owns and operates MRN Radio, the nation's largest independent sports radio network; the Daytona 500 Experience, the "Ultimate Motorsports Attraction" in Daytona Beach, Florida, the official attraction of NASCAR; and subsidiaries which provide catering services, food and beverage concessions, and produce and market motorsports-related merchandise under
the trade name "Americrown." In addition, ISC has an indirect 50 percent interest in a business called Motorsports Authentics, which markets and distributes motorsports-related merchandise licensed by certain competitors in NASCAR racing. For more information, visit the Company's Web site at www.iscmotorsports.com.
Statements made in this release that express the Company's or management's beliefs or expectations and which are not historical facts or which are applied prospectively are forward-looking statements. It is important to note that the Company's actual results could differ materially from those contained in or implied by such forward-looking statements. The Company's results could be impacted by risk factors, including, but not limited to, weather surrounding racing events, government regulations, economic conditions, consumer and corporate spending, military actions, air travel and national or local catastrophic events. Additional information concerning factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements is contained from time to time in the Company's SEC filings including, but not limited to, the 10-K and subsequent 10-Qs. Copies of those filings are available from the Company and the SEC. The Company undertakes no obligation to release publicly any revisions to these forward-looking statements that may be needed to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. The inclusion of any statement in this release does not constitute an admission by International Speedway or any other person that the events or circumstances described in such statement are material.
- Advanced Priced Tickets On Sale Friday for Talladega Superspeedway’s Pivotal Oct. 21-23 Weekend, Featuring Two NASCAR Chase Elimination Races
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200