International Motorsports Hall of Fame Names Craig Carr Operations Manager
International Motorsports Hall of Fame Executive Director Rick Humphrey announced today the addition of Craig Carr to its staff as operations manager.
A native of Palm Springs, Cal., Carr moved to Alabama in 1969 and attended Central Alabama Academy, Coastal Carolina Community College and Troy University.
"Craig has been a hard working employee and has assisted in many roles since hired here in 2005," said Humphrey. "We are confident Craig will thrive in his new role and will continue to be a tremendous asset to our team."
"I am excited about shifting roles and becoming more involved in the International Motorsports Hall of Fame," Carr said. "I have enjoyed working with the folks at Talladega Superspeedway and am looking forward to taking my job here to the next level."
Carr most recently served in the Facility Operations/Security department at Talladega Superspeedway.
After enlisting in the U.S. Marine Corps in 1976, he spent four years stationed in Camp Lejune, N.C. and did a six month tour in Europe.
Carr spent 19 years with the Alabama State Troopers and reached the executive rank of State Trooper Lieutenant. As a certified Bomb and Hazardous Materials Technician, he was promoted to the commander of the State Trooper Bomb Squad in 2001.
Prior to joining Talladega Superspeedway in September 2005, he was employed with the Oxford Police Department as patrol officer/Bomb Technician.
Carr's duties as Operations Manager will include over seeing day-to-day management of tours and maintenance of the facility. He will report directly to the Executive Director.
Carr resides in Anniston, Ala. with wife Becki. He has six children and three grandchildren.
- Advanced Priced Tickets On Sale Friday for Talladega Superspeedway’s Pivotal Oct. 21-23 Weekend, Featuring Two NASCAR Chase Elimination Races
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200