Racing Greats Help Rev Up 22nd Annual Race Fever
Over 20 of NASCAR's finest will be on hand to get things "revved" up at Race Fever 2007, an annual fundraising event benefiting the Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) held in conjunction with the Aaron's Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway.
Set for Friday, April 27 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the SPEED Channel Dome within the International Motorsports Hall of Fame complex, Race Fever blends NASCAR legends like Darrell Waltrip and Ned Jarrett with NASCAR drivers who provide interviews, autographs and auction items, resulting in an exciting evening for over 1,300 fans and event sponsors in attendance.
This year's roster includes Bobby Allison, A.J. Allmendinger, Marcos Ambrose, Greg Biffle, Kurt Busch, Robby Gordon, Stephen Leicht, Sterling Marlin, Paul Menard, Juan Pablo Montoya, Joe Nemechek, Danny O'Quinn, Kyle Petty, Tony Raines, David Reutimann, Jack Roush, Ricky Rudd, Regan Smith, Brian Vickers, Scott Wimmer and Jon Wood. Fans are encouraged to check www.talladegasuperspeedway.com or www.racefever.org as new driver confirmations are listed daily.
Not only will attendees meet racing greats at Race Fever, but also participate in the live and silent auction skillfully chanted by NASCAR's own, Phil Barkdoll. The extensive list of silent auction items will number close to 200 when April 27 arrives and current additions include:
- Kasey Kahne Autographed Shirt
- Jimmie Johnson Autographed Poster
- Men's Harley Davidson Watch
- Jeff Burton - Cingular Crew Shirt
- Kenny "The Snake" Stabler Autographed Football
- Men's Ranger Boat Leather Jacket
- Mini-Stock Car Replicas including Dale Earnhardt, Jr.'s No. 8, Jimmie Johnson's No. 48 and Tony Stewart's No. 20
Current, live auction items include:
- Autographed Charlie Daniels Golden Fiddle (photo available at www.racefever.org)
- 14 Kt. Gold 2007 International Motorsports Hall of Fame Induction
Ceremony Ring - only seven made, with six
going to the Hall of Fame Inductees and one to the winning bidder
- Dale Jarrett Racing Adventure Package for two
- Garage Tour & National Anthem Ceremony Ride with Johnny Ray and the Talladega Superspeedway White Flag Club
- Saturday Aaron's 312 Gatorade Victory Lane Experience
- Dream Chase for the Cup Weekend: The winner and a guest can call at least two laps of the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on air with Thunder 92.7 FM on Friday, Oct. 5, 2007. The winner will also receive two tower tickets to the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series 250 on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2007 and two garage and pit passes for the UAW-Ford 500 event weekend. * Garage & pit passes may only be used by individuals age 19 or older
- Sunday Aaron's 499 Gatorade Victory Lane Experience
- Driver Introduction Handshake, April 29 Aaron's 499 * Credentials require individuals to be 19 or older
- Driver Introduction Handshake, April 28 Aaron's 312 * Credentials require individuals to be 19 or older
- SIMPSON Helmet autographed by multiple drivers
- Richard Petty No. 43 Hood autographed by Richard, Kyle Petty and more
- Aaron's 499 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series Checkered Flag—autographed by all drivers competing on April 29, 2007.
"Race Fever would not be possible without the generosity of our sponsors," states AIDB Foundation Executive Director Lynne Hanner. "Their commitment to AIDB and to Race Fever coupled with the
dedication from NASCAR NEXTEL Cup and Busch Series drivers and Talladega Superspeedway turns Race Fever into a must-see event year after year for race fans from around the world."
About Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB) is the nation's most comprehensive education and service program for deaf and blind children and adults. AIDB serves more than 12,500 individuals annually through the Alabama School for the Deaf, Alabama School for the Blind, Helen Keller School, Gentry Technical Facility, Alabama Industries for the Blind and nine regional centers located in Auburn, Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and the Shoals.
About Talladega Superspeedway
Talladega Superspeedway officials welcome back fans for the Aaron's Dream Weekend. Friday, April 27 will feature The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Busch Series. Saturday, April 28 will feature The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series and the Aaron's 312 NASCAR Busch Series race. Then on Sunday, April 29, NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series drivers will compete in the Aaron's 499. Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge when accompanied by a ticketed adult on Friday and Saturday.
Tickets are available by calling 1- 877-Go2-DEGA (462-3342) Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CDT, or by logging onto www.racetickets.com. For our guests who are deaf or hard of hearing, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). You may also purchase tickets in person at Talladega Superspeedway's Ticket Office from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CDT, Monday - Friday.
- Advanced Priced Tickets On Sale Friday for Talladega Superspeedway’s Pivotal Oct. 21-23 Weekend, Featuring Two NASCAR Chase Elimination Races
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200