Jeff Foxworthy To Serve As Grand Marshal For Aaron's 499 At Talladega Superspeedway
Talladega Superspeedway officials announced today that Jeff Foxworthy, host of the hit show, "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader," will serve as the Grand Marshal of the Aaron's 499 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race set for Sunday, April 29 (1:30 pm ET on Fox).
"We are happy to welcome Jeff Foxworthy to Talladega Superspeedway," said speedway Vice President and General Manager Rick Humphrey. "We are excited to have someone as entertaining as he is participating in our pre-race festivities and feel certain our fans will love him."
The comedian, actor and game show host is perhaps best known as a stand-up comedian and is currently hosting the new hit FOX show "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader." He is the largest selling comedy-recording artist in history, a multiple Grammy Award nominee and best selling author of more than 22 books.
A native of Atlanta, Ga., Foxworthy is as influential in his private affairs as the performances he gives. He has an interest in the Duke University Children's Hospital in Durham, N.C. and is the Honorary Chairman of the Duke Children's Classic Golf Tournament. The invitation to serve as Grand Marshal of the Aaron's 499 came from race sponsor, Aaron's Sales and Lease Ownership, which is headquartered in Atlanta.
"Aaron's has had the honor of hosting several big-time Hollywood stars here over the last few years" stated Ken Butler, President of Aaron's Sales and Lease Ownership, "but there is no one more popular right now than Jeff Foxworthy. His brand of down-home humor relates well to our customers and to NASCAR fans, and I think the crowd at Talladega will give him a warm reception. We are thrilled that he can join us to start-up one of Aaron's greatest events of the year, the Aaron's 499."
The 2007 racing season at Talladega Superspeedway kicks off with Aaron's Dream Weekend set for April 27-29, featuring the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series practice and The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Busch Series on Friday, April 27, The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series and the Aaron's 312 NASCAR Busch Series race on Saturday, April 28, and the Aaron's 499 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race on Sunday, April 29. To order tickets, call 1-877-Go2-DEGA (1-877-462-3342). For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). Tickets are also available online at www.racetickets.com, or in person by visiting the Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Office from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. CDT, Monday - Friday. Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge (Frontstretch Lower General Admission Grand Stands only) with a ticketed adult on Friday and Saturday of race weekend.
- “2 for $88” Dale Earnhardt Jr. Talladega Superspeedway Ticket Package Ends Monday at Midnight
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Named Honorary Member of Famed Alabama Gang; Iconic No. 2 Championship Car of Dale Sr. Driven Around Talladega Superspeedway in Day of Historic Proportion
- NASCAR Fanatic? Visit the New, Improved Fanatics Trackside Superstore at Talladega Superspeedway’s Fan Zone During the Double Elimination Race Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Unmatched Access? Talladega Superspeedway’s Unrestricted VIP Package Delivers for Alabama 500/fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Double Elimination Weekend, Oct. 21-23
- Jerrod Niemann to Be Featured Artist for Talladega Superspeedway’s Traditional Saturday Night Infield Concert, Oct. 22