Army National Guard to Recognize Recently Deployed Soldiers at Talladega NASCAR Races
The Army National Guard will recognize recently deployed Soldiers at Talladega Superspeedway during the Aaron's 312 NASCAR Busch Series race on April 28th and the Aaron's 499 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race on April 29th. The two chosen groups of 25 Soldiers each will include many Guardsmen who have recently deployed in defense of the War on Terror. The Guard is extending these hospitality days to its members in conjunction with its ongoing partnership with Hendrick Motorsports and the #25 racecar driver, Casey Mears.
Soldiers recognized at the Aaron's 499 NEXTEL Cup Series race on Sunday will be comprised of Alabama Army National Guardsmen chosen from a variety of Guard units around the state. Many of these Soldiers have recently served their country in Iraq, while others have served in their own communities during recent natural disasters including Hurricane Katrina. The Soldiers will be provided with entry passes to the race and access to a special hospitality trailer on the infield. "We want to recognize and show our appreciation for the selfless service of these Soldiers," says Alabama Army National Guard Recruiting and Retention Commander COL Anthony Cottles. "Our presence in NASCAR has been a great way for us to get the word out about joining the Guard, and now these hospitality days extend that presence to help us show our gratitude to existing Soldiers as well."
For the Saturday Aaron's 312 Busch Series race, the Guard will honor the Mississippi Army National Guard 155th Armor Brigade with a similar infield hospitality package and with a one-time-only paint scheme that prominently features that brigade's emblem.
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway