Roy Hendrick Delivers Replica Of His Father's 1936 No. 11 Modified Coupe For Display In IMHOF Museum
In light of his father's upcoming induction into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame (IMHOF), Roy Hendrick (center), son of 2007 inductee Ray Hendrick, visited Talladega to deliver a special addition to the museum - a replica of the 1936 Chevrolet Coupe NASCAR No. 11 Modified machine made famous by his father. Friends Todd Chaffin (left) and Wayne Wesson (right) assisted Hendrick in building the car and came along for the delivery. "We were thrilled to death when he was inducted as one of NASCAR's 50 Greatest Drivers, and we thought it was great when we were told he is being recognized on an individual basis by induction into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame. It was really exciting for the whole family to hear," Hendrick said. "We started working on the car before we learned he would be inducted, but when we got the call, it made sense to bring the car down here for display. It was really exciting for the whole family to hear." The car is now on display in the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum, which is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., seven days a week with the exception of major holidays. This year's black-tie ceremony consists of a reception, banquet and awards ceremony and is set for Thursday April 26, 2007. The 2007 class of inductees consists of Warren Johnson, Wayne Rainey, Ray Hendrick, Junie Donlavey, Jack Ingram and Bruton Smith. Individual tickets are $125 and a table for eight may be reserved for $1,000 by calling (256) 362-5002. Visa, Mastercard and Discover are accepted.
- The Chase Is On! Superhero Logano Visits Alabama As Part Of NASCAR’s “Chase Across North America;” Readies For Talladega
- Join Us For The Chase Across North America Kickoff!
- NEW, EXCITING QUALIFYING FORMAT INSTITUTED FOR TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY’S GEICO 500 AND FRED’S 250 POWERED BY COCA-COLA
- Lesa France Kennedy to be Honored by National Women's History Museum
- Thomas Rhett to Perform Saturday Night Infield Concert at Talladega Superspeedway during GEICO 500 Weekend