Roy Hendrick Delivers Replica Of His Father's 1936 No. 11 Modified Coupe For Display In IMHOF Museum
In light of his father's upcoming induction into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame (IMHOF), Roy Hendrick (center), son of 2007 inductee Ray Hendrick, visited Talladega to deliver a special addition to the museum - a replica of the 1936 Chevrolet Coupe NASCAR No. 11 Modified machine made famous by his father. Friends Todd Chaffin (left) and Wayne Wesson (right) assisted Hendrick in building the car and came along for the delivery. "We were thrilled to death when he was inducted as one of NASCAR's 50 Greatest Drivers, and we thought it was great when we were told he is being recognized on an individual basis by induction into the International Motorsports Hall of Fame. It was really exciting for the whole family to hear," Hendrick said. "We started working on the car before we learned he would be inducted, but when we got the call, it made sense to bring the car down here for display. It was really exciting for the whole family to hear." The car is now on display in the International Motorsports Hall of Fame and Museum, which is open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., seven days a week with the exception of major holidays. This year's black-tie ceremony consists of a reception, banquet and awards ceremony and is set for Thursday April 26, 2007. The 2007 class of inductees consists of Warren Johnson, Wayne Rainey, Ray Hendrick, Junie Donlavey, Jack Ingram and Bruton Smith. Individual tickets are $125 and a table for eight may be reserved for $1,000 by calling (256) 362-5002. Visa, Mastercard and Discover are accepted.
- Get Your Taste Buds Ready! Talladega Superspeedway's 10th Annual AWF Wild Game Cook-Off Set for Saturday, Feb. 7
- Samford University Student Sinks Half-Court Hoops Shot to Win $1,000 Tuition on Behalf of Talladega Superspeedway
- Talladega Superspeedway Ensures Compliance Through IMAGE Partnership
- Talladega Native Robert Weaver, Known as "Ice Cream Man," and the Inaugural Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award Winner, Passes Away
- Winn-Dixie Partners with Talladega Superspeedway and Introduces Race Fans to the Winn-Dixie 300 Set for May 2015