Charlie Daniels Donates Golden Fiddle to AIDB's Race Fever while NASCAR Drivers Commit to Event
Fans May Watch Driver Commitments/Live & Silent Auction Lists As They Grow At www.talladegasuperspeedway.com
While celebrities, like legendary fiddler Charlie Daniels, donate an autographed golden fiddle to be auctioned off during Race Fever 2007, current and former NASCAR drivers Bobby Allison, AJ Allmendinger, Kurt Busch, Sterling Marlin, Joe Nemechek and Regan Smith commit early to attending the event.
Race Fever 2007, an annual fundraising event benefiting Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (AIDB), will again be held in conjunction with the Aaron's Dream Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. Set for Friday, April 27 from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the SPEED Channel Dome within the International Motorsports Hall of Fame complex, Race Fever blends NASCAR legends like Darrell Waltrip, Ned Jarrett and Phil Barkdoll with NASCAR drivers who provide interviews, autographs and items, adding up to a high-energy super-event.
The list of NASCAR drivers who commit their time to the event each year seems grow annually, with 28 participating in Race Fever 2006.
"As drivers get the season underway and some races under their belts, they are more likely to commit to the event," said Jessica L. Edmiston, AIDB's assistant director for development. "We literally receive commitments every week—even up to the actual day of Race Fever. With driver commitments comes distinct, personal items which give NASCAR fans who attend Race Fever the opportunity to take home a piece of racing history. Most drivers, even if their schedules do not permit their attendance, still donate to Race Fever, which adds to the flavor and excitement of the event each year—now 22 years strong."
This year, racing legend Bobby Allison will also attending, signing A Racer's Racer and Miracle while providing on-stage interviews. A portion of the proceeds of books sold will benefit AIDB.
In addition to racing superstars, sports and media celebrities, more than 1,600 race fans from 36 states, England and Canada attend Race Fever each year, bidding on NASCAR packages like those cited below:
Currently, live auction items include:
- Autographed Charlie Daniels Golden Fiddle
- 14 Kt. Gold 2007 International Motorsports Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Ring, featuring Junie Donlavey, Ray Hendrick, Jack Ingram, Warren Johnson, Wayne Rainey and Bruton Smith. Only seven made, with six going to the Hall of Fame Inductees and one to the winning bidder!
- Dale Jarrett Adventure Package—FOR TWO! The package begins with a 30-minute classroom orientation. The winners are then placed in a passenger vehicle, with the instructor demonstrating how to safely enter and exit the speedway, the proper racing groove and how to draft and pass other cars. Then the winners have their turn behind the wheel of a real NEXTEL Cup Stock Car, driving for 10 laps and reaching speeds up to 175 mph. Scheduled at the winning bidders' convenience and at any Dale Jarrett Adventure Racing Affiliated Track.
- Garage Tour & National Anthem Ceremony Ride with Johnny Ray and the Talladega Superspeedway White Club Committee—with escort to seat!
- Saturday Aaron's 312 Gatorade Victory Lane Experience: The winner of this auction item is admitted into Gatorade Victory Lane to witness the winning team celebrate following the April 28 Aaron's 312 at Talladega Superspeedway.
- Dream Chase for the Cup Weekend: The winner and a guest can call at
least two laps of the ARCA RE/MAX Series 250 on air with Thunder 92.7 FM on
Friday, Oct.7, 2007. The winner will also receive two tower tickets to the
NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series 250 on Saturday, Oct. 8, 2007 and two garage*
& pit* passes for Friday, Saturday and Sunday for the UAW-Ford 500
event weekend at Talladega Superspeedway. * Garage & pit passes may only be used by individuals age 19 or older.
- Sunday Aaron's 499 Gatorade Victory Lane Experience: The winner of this auction item is admitted into Gatorade Victory Lane to witness the winning team celebrate following the April 29 Aaron's 499 at Talladega Superspeedway.
- Driver Introduction Handshake, April 29 Aaron's 499: Bid to shake the hands of every driver to compete in the Aaron's 499. You will be on the platform when each driver's name is announced prior to the start of the Aaron's 499 to participate* in wishing each driver a good start and phenomenal finish.* Credentials required for pre-race ceremony participation requires individuals to be age 19 or older.
- Driver Introduction Handshake, April 28 Aaron's 312: Bid to shake the hands of every driver set to compete in the Aaron's 312. You will be on the platform when each driver's name is announced prior to the start of the Aaron's 312 to participate* in wishing each driver a good start and phenomenal finish. *Credentials required for pre-race ceremony participation requires individuals to be age 19 or older.
- SIMPSON Helmet autographed by multiple drivers
- Richard Petty No. 43 Hood autographed by Richard, Kyle Petty and more
Currently, silent auction items include:
- Daytona Dreams Print by Roberta Wesley
- Dale Earnhardt, Jr. Budweiser Stand-up
- Budweiser Tool Box/Cooler
- Budweiser Round Cooler with wheels
- Budweiser Cool Your Pipes Stand-up
- Talladega Sueperspeedway Panorama by Blakeway Panoramas
- NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series hat autographed by Ricky Craven
- Talladega Superspeedway hat autographed by Dale Jarrett
- Talladega Superspeedway hat autographed by Greg Biffle
- Bushnell Extra High Power Pocket Binoculars and Lester Building Cap Autographed by Tim Sauter
- Food World 250 ARCA REMAX Series Flag autographed by all drivers that raced October 6, 2006
- Chase Authentic XL Home Depot Jacket
- JH Design XL Waste Management Jacket
- Chase Authentic XL Bass Pro Shop (Martin Truex, Jr.) Jacket
- Chase Authentic XXXXL GM Goodwrench Jacket
- Chase Authentic M #3 (Dale Earnhardt) GM Goodwrench Jacket
- JH Design Small Miller Lite (Kurt Busch) Jacket
- JH Design Small NASCAR Racing Jacket
- JH Design Medium Jim Beam Jacket
- JH Design Youth Medium Office Depot (Carl Edwards) Jacket
- Chase Authentic XL Target Jacket
- JH Design Small Wells Fargo (Kyle Petty) Jacket
- Several framed prints by Alabama School for the Deaf students
- American Online Racing #30, Steve Park, 1:24 Limited Edition Stock Car
- NAPA, Michael Waltrip #15 1:24, Limited Edition Action Stock Car
- Lowes, Jimmie Johnson #48 1:24 Scale, Limited Edition Action Stock Car
- M&M Official Chocolate of NASCAR Banner
- Aaron's 312 NASCAR Busch Series Flag autographed by all drivers that raced April 28, 2007
- "The House that Lee Built" Lithograph by motorsports artist, Jeanne Barnes, autographed by Richard Petty & Artist.
- "Forever…The Man' Lithograph by motorsports artist Jeanne Barnes, signed and numbered.
- Kasey Kahne, winner of the 2004 Raybestos Rookie of the Year Lithograph by motorsports artist Jeanne Barnes
- Rusty Wallace's 50th Winston Cup Victory Lithograph by motorsports artist Jeanne Barnes, autographed by Rusty Wallace and Artist
- Denny Hamlin Lithograph by motorsports artist Jeanne Barnes, signed, numbered and autographed by artist
- Sheet metal (most autographed) from: Tony Stewart, Rick Crawford, Tony
Raines, Sterling Marlin, Joe Nemechek, Jeff
Green, Kyle Petty, Kenny Wallace, Jeff Gordon, Robby Gordon, J.J. Yeley & Denny Hamlin
- Jeff Gordon stand-up
- Carl Edwards package: Includes diecast car, cap and Men's Health
Magazine with Carl on cover, all
- Brian Vickers "Fueled by Dew" stand-up
- Mountain Dew miniature hood
- Kasey Kahne No. 9 Dodge miniature hood
- M&M Elliott Sadler stand-up
- Kyle Busch Raybestos Rookie of the Year print
- Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Dale Earnhardt Jr. quilt
- Bo Bice autographed CD and picture
- Barber Motorsports Porsche Riding Experience & two 3-day passes for 5th Annual Porsche 250
- Vacation Package for two-night/three-day stay at The Beach Club, Gulf Shores
- One six-day Space Camp/Aviation Challenge program in Huntsville & Family Pack of four
- Miller Lite Racing miniature hood
- Kurt Busch stand-up
- Vacation Package for a one-night stay at Harrah's Cherokee Casino &
Dinner for two at Selu
- Smokin' Hot, We're Ready, Starts of the Show, Coca-Cola 12-Pack and For Those About to Rock posters by Sam Bass
- Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa, Hoover, Ala. Print
Edmiston states that the must-have Live and Silent Auction items come the week that the drivers come to Talladega. Unique memorabilia and experiences that will be available in the Live and Silent auctions can be viewed online by visiting www.talladegasuperspeedway.com and clicking the "Auction Items" listing on the right side of the home page. The lists will be updated periodically in the next several weeks leading up to the event.
"The NASCAR community is extremely philanthropic, which I feel is what Bill France, Jr. envisioned for the event when he created it in 1985 while serving as an AIDB Foundation Board member," states Edmiston. "Since then, the fundraiser has grown to raise in excess of $2.2 million for AIDB Foundation. Proceeds from the event benefit many classroom and dormitory needs of deaf and blind children and adults at AIDB. Race Fever 2006, alone, raised $200,000 to benefit AIDB's statewide programs."
Race Fever 2006 sold out two-months prior to the event and seating for 2007 is becoming limited. Organizers encourage those interested in attending to get their tickets now. For 2007 ticket and sponsorship information, call 256.761.3317 or visit the websites www.racefer.org or www.talladegasuperspeedway.com.
About Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind
Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind is the nation's most comprehensive education and service program for deaf and blind children and adults. AIDB serves more than 12,500 individuals annually through the Alabama School for the Deaf, Alabama School for the Blind, Helen Keller School, Gentry Technical Facility, Alabama Industries for the Blind and nine regional centers located in Auburn, Birmingham, Dothan, Huntsville, Mobile, Montgomery, Talladega, Tuscaloosa and the Shoals.
About Aaron's Dream Weekend At Talladega Superspeedway
Talladega Superspeedway officials are preparing to welcome back fans for its first races of the 2007 NASCAR season during the Aaron's Dream Weekend, featuring the Aaron's 312 NASCAR Busch Series and Aaron's 499 NEXTEL Cup Series races. Friday, April 27 will feature The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR Busch Series. Saturday, April 28 will feature The Birmingham News Qualifying for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series and the Aaron's 312 NASCAR Busch Series race. Then on Sunday, April 29, NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series drivers will compete in the Aaron's 499, the ninth race of the season.
Kids age 11 and younger are admitted free of charge when accompanied by a ticketed adult on Friday and Saturday. Tickets are available by calling 1- 877-Go2-DEGA (462-3342) Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CDT, or by logging onto www.racetickets.com. For our hearing impaired guests, please call TDD 1-866-ISC-TRAK (1-866-472-8725). You may also purchase tickets in person at Talladega Superspeedway's Ticket Office from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. CDT, Monday - Friday.
- Earnhardt Jr. Set For Pre-Race Fan Q&A Session Prior To Alabama 500, Sunday, Oct. 23 At Talladega Superspeedway - A Place He Calls Home
- Brad Keselowski Wins GEICO 500 Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Elliott Sadler Wins Thrilling NASCAR XFINITY Series Sparks Energy 300 During Aspen Dental Weekend at Talladega Superspeedway
- Gus Dean Picks Up First Career Win at Talladega Superspeedway in Wild ARCA Racing Series Presented by Menards General Tire 200
- Grant Enfinger Inducted into the IMHOF ARCA Wall of Champions; Calls Shots for Fellow Alabama Native Bret Holmes in General Tire 200 ARCA Event Friday at Talladega Superspeedway