Statement Regarding Passing of Racer Bobby Hamilton, 49
Statement from Talladega Superspeedway President Grant Lynch about racer Bobby Hamilton, who passed away Sunday, Jan. 7:
"Bobby Hamilton was a true racer, an 'old school' racer, and his contributions to NASCAR over the years encompassed much more than statistics in a history book. Bobby will always be remembered at Talladega Superspeedway for his exciting win here in 2001. In a race that was caution free for 188 laps, he secured his fourth and final win in the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series, and brought Andy Petree his first victory as a car owner in the series. He made quite an impact on the sport, as well as the people he touched on a personal level and will certainly be missed. We will continue to keep the Hamilton family in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time."
--Grant Lynch, President, Talladega Superspeedway
- Chase Elliott, Regan Smith Headline NASCAR XFINITY Series Autograph Session at Talladega Superspeedway, Friday May 1
- New Qualifying Format for Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500 and Winn-Dixie 300
- Hotty Toddy, Gosh Almighty!
- “Unrestricted” VIP Package Offers Fans Unmatched Access To Talladega Superspeedway's GEICO 500/ Winn-Dixie 300
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand for Talladega Superspeedway’s GEICO 500, May 3