38 Special & Shooter Jennings To Perform
Talladega Superspeedway officials announced that the rock band 38 Special will headline this year's Miller Lite Rock'n Racing Concert in the track's infield Saturday evening, Oct. 7 during the UAW-Ford 500 event weekend. Universal South recording artist Shooter Jennings will open the show.
The concert will begin tentatively at 7 p.m, and will be located in the southern portion of the infield near the intersection of the interior roads known as Talladega and Eastaboga Boulevards. The concert is free to all guests in the infield.
"We hosted the Miller Lite Rock'n Racing Series during our UAW-Ford 500 event weekend for the first time last year, and it went over so well with our fans in the infield that we were very happy to work with Miller Lite again to produce another show this coming fall," said Talladega Superspeedway Vice President and General Manager Rick Humphrey.
38 Special's current lineup features vocalist Donnie VanZant, guitarists Don Barnes and Danny Chauncey, bassist Larry Junstrom, keyboardist Bobby Capps and drummer Gary Moffatt. The band is best-known for major hits in the 1980's such as "Hold On Loosely," "Caught Up in You," "If I'd Been the One" and "Back Where You Belong." The band released its most recent album, "Drivetrain," in 2004, but continues to tour as relentlessly as it always has, performing more than 100 shows a year.
Jennings is the only son of country music icons Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter, and spent much of his young life on the road with his parents, learning to play guitar in his early teenage years. He detoured from country music and formed a critically-acclaimed L.A.-based southern rock band, Stargunn, which he dissolved in 2003. He then pursued a solo country music career, releasing his first solo album early last year. His most recent album, "Electric Rodeo" was released just three months ago, also on Universal South.
Standard race day guidelines apply for allowable items brought inside the infield. Concessions will be available inside the infield as well. There is an overnight parking lot for vehicle parking only outside the track near Gate 9 for those who need to leave their cars and walk into the infield.
- Laps for Life Blood Drive Set for Sept. 11 at Talladega Superspeedway, International Motorsports Hall of Fame
- “Two for $88” Dale Jr. Ticket Package Back by Popular Demand at Talladega Superspeedway for Oct. 19 GEICO 500
- Talladega Superspeedway, Birmingham Business Alliance Host “Business of NASCAR” Event; Panelists Include Helton, Childress
- Fans Can Take Personal Car Around Talladega Superspeedway; Part of “Fan Track Drive” to Benefit the American Red Cross July 26
- Talladega Superspeedway Fan Favorite Bill Elliott Among Five Legends Named to Prestigious 2015 NASCAR Hall of Fame Class