38 Special & Shooter Jennings To Perform
Talladega Superspeedway officials announced that the rock band 38 Special will headline this year's Miller Lite Rock'n Racing Concert in the track's infield Saturday evening, Oct. 7 during the UAW-Ford 500 event weekend. Universal South recording artist Shooter Jennings will open the show.
The concert will begin tentatively at 7 p.m, and will be located in the southern portion of the infield near the intersection of the interior roads known as Talladega and Eastaboga Boulevards. The concert is free to all guests in the infield.
"We hosted the Miller Lite Rock'n Racing Series during our UAW-Ford 500 event weekend for the first time last year, and it went over so well with our fans in the infield that we were very happy to work with Miller Lite again to produce another show this coming fall," said Talladega Superspeedway Vice President and General Manager Rick Humphrey.
38 Special's current lineup features vocalist Donnie VanZant, guitarists Don Barnes and Danny Chauncey, bassist Larry Junstrom, keyboardist Bobby Capps and drummer Gary Moffatt. The band is best-known for major hits in the 1980's such as "Hold On Loosely," "Caught Up in You," "If I'd Been the One" and "Back Where You Belong." The band released its most recent album, "Drivetrain," in 2004, but continues to tour as relentlessly as it always has, performing more than 100 shows a year.
Jennings is the only son of country music icons Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter, and spent much of his young life on the road with his parents, learning to play guitar in his early teenage years. He detoured from country music and formed a critically-acclaimed L.A.-based southern rock band, Stargunn, which he dissolved in 2003. He then pursued a solo country music career, releasing his first solo album early last year. His most recent album, "Electric Rodeo" was released just three months ago, also on Universal South.
Standard race day guidelines apply for allowable items brought inside the infield. Concessions will be available inside the infield as well. There is an overnight parking lot for vehicle parking only outside the track near Gate 9 for those who need to leave their cars and walk into the infield.
- Joey Logano Wins CampingWorld.com 500 for His Third Straight NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Victory
- Eric Church, Blake Shelton, Toby Keith, Kid Rock, Hank Williams, Jr., Billy Currington, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Lee Brice, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Tyler Farr and Many More at First-Ever Dega Jam Music Festival at Talladega Superspeedway, July 1-3, 2016
- Late Pass Propels Peters to Second Straight NASCAR Camping World Truck Series fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola Win at Talladega
- Jeff Gordon Captures Pole Position for CampingWorld.com 500, His Final Race at Talladega Superspeedway
- Championship Hopes Loom This Weekend at Talladega’s CampingWorld.com 500 & fred’s 250 Powered by Coca-Cola